Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2020, 06:43 AM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
Refrigerator Operation

I have a 2004 American Tradition with a NORCOLD 1200 Model that has the Amish RV Cooling Unit installed. The unit operates great except for some crazy phenomenon when I hit the road. The unit cooling seems to shut down when traveling even though all indications say the unit is running and operating okay. The box temps increase from a high 30s/low 40s to high 50s/low 60s and contents inside start to sweat. I have the temp setting on max (9 on my unit) and this happens whether on Electric or Propane. Once stopped the unit starts to cool although it takes a while to get back to normal especially in this hot weather. Anyone experience this problem? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Costa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2020, 08:38 AM   #2

My fist thought is that you may have a bad seal between the cooling unit and the box allowing some amount of air flow. You should not need to set the temp to 9 with the Amish unit. Mine is set on 4 or 5 max in temps up to low 90s outside. Maybe if you are in PHX or Vegas that is different. Did you do the install?

I did the original install on mine and over a short period of time I had to keep raising the number higher to get it to cool lower. When I was in the area, I had JR at JC Refrigeration pull it as I thought it was the unit. Turns out I did not make the seal good enough and just the slightest bit of air getting past the foam was the main issue. The unit itself was just a bit shy of 100% performance so he replaced the cooling unit also.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator