RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2019, 09:04 PM   #1

Removing a Grey Water Tank Southwind

Does anyone have a schematic or instructions on how to remove the G/W tank from a 2011 southwind?? Mine is plugged and may have internally delaminated. Not sure where to even start. Any help would be appreciated.
Bonron is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2019, 09:15 PM   #2

I have a 2014 Southwind, so probably a similar system and set up.
I'm not sure what you have tried to this point, but removal would be a major task.
I have read about companies that will blast the interior with pressurized water to unclog drains. They go up into the tank through the exterior drain.
Have you tried any of the super cleaners such as Rid-X or Happy Camper, add a half tank of water and drive around then let it sit for a few days?
I'm also not sure what part of the tank would delaminate as the tanks are made of molded plastics.
Just my thoughts.
Good luck with your issue.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:18 PM   #3

One more point.
Once you get the issue fixed, keep the Grey Water Tank clean by adding 1/4-1/2 cup of Blue Dawn Dish Liquid after every dump.
This will keep your Grey tank clean and fresh smelling.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:41 PM   #4

Thanks for your advice. This problem just happened. I’m on the road and noticed that while I’m full there’s only a trickle. I’m adding soap and degreaser and will see if that works but me thinks there’s something in the tank that’s blocking the drain out. Since it’s grey water either something broke loose inside the tank or I have a glob of god knows what in the way. Time will tell.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:37 PM   #5

My Son-in-law had the same issue last year with his 5th wheel.
Only a trickle was coming out.
We added an liquid digester (from an RV retailer), let it sit and work for a while, then took it out for a drive to let it slosh around.
After about 30 minute we tried the dump again and got a complete empty.
We never really did find the cause, but expected it was a grease build up the had come loose.
I'm sure using a heavy duty clean should dissolve any clogs and then using the Blue Dawn will keep things clean moving forward.
Again, good luck with it.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:55 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
A common reported issue is the plug that is cut when installing the plumbing is left in the tank. They move around and can block the opening.

Wash your Hands, Wear a Mask, Social Distance
Spk64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 02:05 PM   #7

Iíve had success with one of these

Camco Rhino Blaster Sewer Tank Rinser with Gate Valve - Securely Attaches to Your ... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072VSRG8T..._.EZqDbA9S6ZYP
Old 08-01-2019, 07:01 PM   #8

Update: so it’s drained out but it’s showing full. Any idea how to trouble shoot the newer type sensors.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonron View Post
Update: so itís drained out but itís showing full. Any idea how to trouble shoot the newer type sensors.
Ignore them. You may get them working properly again today but next time you dump they may read 2/3 full.
tfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:09 PM   #10

Stick a hose or sewer rod through the dump valve to clear the passage...if only brown water to harm if it leaks on the ground..

Tags
southwind, tank, water, wind