RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2010, 10:01 PM   #1

Removing front TV from '95 Pace

Hi all,

I've got a '95 Pace Arrow 35W with the TV on a shelf with lift struts and built into the dash. I'd like to yank out the old Panasonic glass screened unit and drop in an LCD that weighs nothing in comparison. There is a black formed plastic band around the TV, apparently to keep it from flying in an accident. I've looked it over and I must either be blind or stupid but I'm not seeing how to disconnect this band in order to lift the television out.

Any ideas?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Most wood facings have wooden plugs that cover the screws. does yours' show to have anything like that?
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mine had a 4" plastic screw on cover that needed to be removed to access the straps on the passenger side in front of dog house.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipwil View Post
Most wood facings have wooden plugs that cover the screws. does yours' show to have anything like that?
My bedroom unit has that setup and that makes perfect sense. However, the front TV sits on a dash high shelf between the driver and passenger, right above the doghouse. It list up on hydraulic struts to be high enough for everyone to see.

Wanabee is correct that there is a plastic band around it but unless my eyesight is worse than I thought I can't find the method of attachment.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
John,
Sorry, I don't think I made myself clear. At the left side of the passenger floor their was a 4" round hatch cover that unscrewed to access the straps. My coach is a different manufacture, but maybe they used something similar?
Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:08 AM   #6

I need to get out there in the daylight and take a much closer look. Darn day job gets in the way of the work I really need to get done.

So it's possible the strut lifted shelf has a fastener underneath.