Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2016, 10:28 AM   #15

Repairing a water supply line under shower

Unless you hate your shower enough to replace it, I would certainly try any reasonable method for gaining access through the basement. If the leak really is at the elbow where the line goes down into the floor, you may be able to insert a new pipe, with the elbow and a portion of the vertical pipe already attached, and poke it down through the floor from under the sink. Then, you need to be able to join the new piece of vertical pipe to the old one from below. It seems like a long shot, but I would hate to remove the shower and then discover a less destructive path. Maybe the manufacturer can help with a method, or at least provide a reference to someone they know that is capable.

Mike
2000 HR Endeavor 40PBD
Freghtliner XC, CAT 3126B
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2016, 11:17 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmachine View Post
Unless you hate your shower enough to replace it, I would certainly try any reasonable method for gaining access through the basement. If the leak really is at the elbow where the line goes down into the floor, you may be able to insert a new pipe, with the elbow and a portion of the vertical pipe already attached, and poke it down through the floor from under the sink. Then, you need to be able to join the new piece of vertical pipe to the old one from below. It seems like a long shot, but I would hate to remove the shower and then discover a less destructive path. Maybe the manufacturer can help with a method, or at least provide a reference to someone they know that is capable.

Mike
2000 HR Endeavor 40PBD
if you use PEX tubing it requires no elbows in most cases, resists freezing and works with snap fittings which just click and go in seconds. I replaced 2 lines in my rig so far
superk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:04 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
if you use PEX tubing it requires no elbows in most cases, resists freezing and works with snap fittings which just click and go in seconds. I replaced 2 lines in my rig so far

How do you make a 90-degree bend in PEX?

Mike
2000 HR Endeavor 40PBD
Old 06-14-2016, 10:03 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmachine View Post
How do you make a 90-degree bend in PEX?

Mike
2000 HR Endeavor 40PBD
PEX is a flexible tubing, just a "hose" for simplicity's sake. The problem is that I can't access it from below. The "crawl space" is too small to get in there. If I can get PEC through the floor and route enough over to go straight to the pump, that would be ideal. I already want to change it all over anyway. Gonna have my teammate take a look at it. He is a master plumber so he can likely give me a better idea.

Thanks,

Juan
MrTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:04 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Yeah, I want to replace all the CPVC with PEX if I can, but the space is so small and nearly impossible to get to.

Juan
Old 05-09-2017, 10:44 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
ooops, I let this thread die off without any updates.

Well, the big lesson is, always wait as long as you can, for the schematics to show up in the email from Fleetwood.

Short story: My small friend, who is a master plumber, managed to shimmy his way into the basement space (don't ask me how he fit). We cut the vertical supply lines to the coach and replaced them with two that we ran into the wall where the shower pipes are, cutting the old ones under the tub, behind the kitchen cabinet. System pressurizes fine.

Tried to flush toilet and run hot water heater - No Water!

Turns out, when manufactured, there was w "T" fitting placed in that line and the lines that run across to the passenger side of the coach are INSIDE the beam. We never would have know. So, unbeknownst to us, when we cut the supply line and re routed it, we also cut the supply to the opposite side of the coach. We have the schematics now, so I will find the hot and cold lines under the floor cabinet in the lav and figure a way to run them across and tap them into the new supply lines... sheesh..

Well, that is where we are. The kitchen and bathroom sinks, shower and filtered water lines work, as well as the external shower. But no hot water and no toilet flush. I'll get there sooner or later.

Other lesson learned - Winterize your vehicle better...LOL
Old 01-01-2018, 06:37 PM   #21

1999 Fleetwood bounder 36s water line schematic

My water lines have frozen and turned to brittle aka busted and I have been replacing them with pex. I see the shower access is small and heads down to unforeseen location which are flexible sink lines and the sink has 2 pvc lines running towards back where water input starts. I need a schematic to see what lines connect to where. As the subject title indicated I have a 36s and can send pics if need be. As your looking back on the right is the sink then the shower. Bed is behind all of that on the back left wall. City water and grey & black ports are on back right as your looking back.
attackgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by attackgirl View Post
My water lines have frozen and turned to brittle aka busted and I have been replacing them with pex. I see the shower access is small and heads down to unforeseen location which are flexible sink lines and the sink has 2 pvc lines running towards back where water input starts. I need a schematic to see what lines connect to where. As the subject title indicated I have a 36s and can send pics if need be. As your looking back on the right is the sink then the shower. Bed is behind all of that on the back left wall. City water and grey & black ports are on back right as your looking back.
Well The shower has a small access panel where the 36 in long bathroom standard hoses are attached down to under the floor points. I removed the metal pan behind the tires and crawled up to see the heavenly pipes to the shower as well as to the sink and where they tap into the ones that run from the city water access point in the rear all the way to the front. I have replaced them all and now decide to work on the passenger side. I will removed that back panel and have access to them if it is like the drivers side. The issue I am having now is I need a diagram for the 2nd storage bag water pipes where the hot water bypass switch is so i can see all the pipes and where they all lead. Please help with a pic or 10 of the lines going in and out of the hot water tank access point and bypass valve. thank you. I will post pics tomorrow when it stops raining
attackgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, shower, water