Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #29
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socaltoolguy View Post
Thanks Dogpatch, that is exactly what I wanted to know. I'm going to do the same thing.

R
Ray, the added advantage to the Polk Audio 5000 is that it is Bluetooth ready and you can play music from you iPhone or Android phone. It's also nice as the sound bar is remote controlled and has a wireless subwoofer that can be placed anywhere in the coach as long as its plugged in. Subwoofer is also controlled by the remote control.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #30

Hey Dogpatch, might I inquire as to the cost of such a system? That is the determining factor at this time in our lives. S.S. is not enough sometimes.

R
Socaltoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #31
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Ray,

If you click on the links I supplied, it will give you costs for each of the items. Many times I will buy last years new models to save. You can google the model numbers to see who has the best deal. I live in Canada so costs are way higher to purchase and ship. Costs are cheaper in US and many offer free or discounted shipping.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #32
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Ray,

Here are some approximate costs.

Locking mount $70
Sound Bar mount $37
Polk Audio Sound Bar and Woofer $270
Toshiba 32" LED Flat Screen TV $200
LG BlueRay DVD player $60
HDMI cord $15

But I'd still Google and search for your best price. That's what I do. This is the second coach I've set up the same exact way as I am pleased with the arrangement. I usually buy Samsung TV's but find they are too thick and the Toshiba fit flatter to the old box.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #33

Thanks Dogpatch, I'll do as you suggest but your prices look pretty much like what I have seen around here. So. Cal. is not the cheapest place to buy anything except Mexican food.

Ray
Old 07-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #34
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Ray, those prices are American on eBay. LOL
Old 07-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #35

dogpatch how does the polk audio bar and woffer sound
EBS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:51 AM   #36
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I really like the convenience of it. Especially with the wireless subwoofer. If you can place the sub behind you so that you are between it and the TV, it gives a pretty good feeling of surround. As far as quality, it is the best of any sound bar situation I've seen. I've listened to every one in the electronics store. There are some that are more expensive, but I have to stay real in realizing it's for the coach.

This is the second coach and second Polk sound bar I have put it in. I would do it in the next one. I greatly dislike the sound from the standard TV speakers.

It's a bit more expensive than some of the all-in-one 5.1 DVD systems you can buy, with none of the work hiding wires and taking apart cabinets to do so. It is always an issue running wires and speakers with the slides in an aftermarket install.

This is easy with good quality.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #37

suggestion

Hey Dogpatch, I know you have already finished your m/h but just as a suggestion for the future or for anybody that doesn't already know, Bose has come out with a one piece speaker system. I tried it on a 90 day return deal and love it so we bought it. We have a big screen tv in our living room and we had a Sony surround system that really sucked. I was about ready to buy a big powerful amp and some tower speakers when this Bose thing came along. It has solved the problem with sound. It's not cheap at $400 but not at the top either., Anybody interested in a one piece easy to use system, check it out. It's call the "Bose Solo". Do a google and it will be there.

Ray
Old 07-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #38
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I'll check it out!
Old 04-19-2015, 09:04 PM   #39

did ours

In our 2007 Coachmen Mirada 330 I removed the "boat anchor" TV, modified the cabinet, and installed a Vizio 32" flat screen. I removed and cut down the size of the cabinet and also cut the front to match the sloping angle of the side cabinets so the out the window view is not significantly blocked now.
Details: I removed the cabinet, carefully took off the vinyl covering, and cut the cabinet shorter and shallower after carefully measuring and marking with a large square. It is now the same slope in front as the side cabinets and sticks down only a couple of inches below the side cabinets. I reinstalled the cabinet bottom higher up using gorilla glue and screws. I securely installed (glued and screwed) a vertical 2x4 in the center of the cabinet and attached to it a heavy duty articulating mount from Monoprice.com. The TV weighs less than 15 pounds but I selected a mount rated for over 40 Lbs due to vibrations. I recovered and trimmed the Vinyl on the bottom and a couple inches on the sides of the cabinet with the old material, trimmed and re-stapled (not much is exposed on the sides after cutting it down). I reinstalled the cut down front molding after putting the cabinet with TV bracket back in the RV using the same 8 or so screws that go into the RV ceiling. The TV is mounted using the maximum tilt on the bracket at the end of the articulating arm and the only problem i had was this tilt was not enough to match the slope of the cabinets. So i disassembled the bracket from the arm and reassembled with some spacer washers to achieve the desired slope. The TV rests against the old molding since it is slightly larger than the opening. The TV will extend out about a foot in front if desired and rotate either left or right and the tilt can be adjusted with a simple lever. I have not fashioned any kind of a hold-down yet but the TV did not move from its position against the molding during a 50 mile trip today. The bracket hinges are fairly tight and resist movement. And they can be loosened or tightened.

The audio is pretty good from the Vizio. Plans for upgrading audio are to initially go cheap. I will be routing audio from the TV and an XM radio through a selector switch, then to the AUX input of the stereo/radio in the dash to use the ceiling speakers already there.
evofxdwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:48 PM   #40

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
For my 1990 1/2 Bounder 34S I used the locking mount also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_2549.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	92016   Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_2551.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	92017  

Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_2554.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	92018   Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_2553.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	92019  

Tyler6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:52 PM   #41
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Nice install!

I always use the locking style mount when I want articulating on my coaches. If it's centered on the front upper cabinet, I just use a solid tilt mount.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:59 PM   #42

I purchased a raw screen I found on ebay, and mounted it across the original opening using angled brackets that I fashioned from sheet aluminum. The brackets angle the screen downward to allow the viewer to see the image from seated positions.
Having a raw screen eliminated the plastic housing and speakers that I wouldn't use anyway decreasing the overall size of the unit. The screen runs on DC power, and is driven by the DVD player that also provides audio to the speaker system.
Rludtke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replace