Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2022, 09:51 PM   #1

Replacing Atwood Leveling System

I've searched for weeks. Finding a replacement system for the 2007 Atwood leveling system in my 2007 Pace Arrow is a nightmare. Researching online is like going down one rabbit hole after another. Reading customer comments about Power Gear systems, Lippert systems is like reading a bad Stephen King novel. Even searching on IRV2 is non-productive.

Atwood electric leveling systems are a POS. I have one. I need to replace it. Can anyone tell me what system would be the simplest, most effective replacement? Who does these replacements? Can they be done by a mediocre mechanical owner like myself?

Somebody must have had the need to replace their system. Can you please let me know about your experiences?

Many thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2022, 04:45 AM   #2

We replaced our whole system with HWH installed by STUART’s in Elkhart, Indiana. Wish I had done it when the first power control module failed. I spent about $3,200-$3,400 in repairs before total replacement.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 05:06 PM   #3

Hello, Can you describe the problem(s) you’re having with the Levelegs system, maybe we can help diagnose it and come up with a less invasive/expensive fix for you. My 2007 Fleetwood Expedition 38V has the original electric jacks but a new GAMA controller and remote to run them. Way less expensive than whole system replacement.
Honeymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 07:25 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
I feel your pain. 07 Newmar. Replaced all Level legs years ago, with new model Level legs ( Newmar helped with 50%). 3 years later new system died, and all the horror stories Atwood etc.
Ponied up big bucks and replaced with HWH. Not one system flaw since.
Old 10-20-2022, 07:36 PM   #5

Don’t know anything about them, but have read where people have replaced the Atwood with Bigfoot
https://www.shop.thebigfootleveler.c...Larger_c47.htm
Kxbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 02:57 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
What are the issues with your Atwood system? I was having major problems and ended up doing the repairs myself for next to nothing. Let me know what you are experiencing.
MEC57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 08:05 PM   #7

Atwood

Had the troublesome Leveleg system on my 05 Bounder and at that time very little help from Atwood or forums. Tore into them and found oil/grease had made its way into the 12v motors. Stands to reason as they mount under the gear reduction system that's filled with grease. Lubricant melts and runs down the shaft into the armature as there is no seal or O'ring to keep the two sealed. Fairly quick repair, no more problems.
ak-snopro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 01:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEC57 View Post
What are the issues with your Atwood system? I was having major problems and ended up doing the repairs myself for next to nothing. Let me know what you are experiencing.
Not trying to hijack this thread but I too am looking for a replacemnet system. However if I could fix mine I'd be happy with that too. My problem is that the screw in the leg that lifts the rig seems to be siezed and I can't seem to get it to move up and out of the lower leg. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 12-29-2022, 08:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEC57 View Post
I have one 7.5 k leg that is siezed up. the screw in the lower portion of the leg will not turn. Any ideas on how to "unsieze" it.
Old 07-08-2023, 08:45 AM   #10

Are you still available for a reply on levelleg problem?
Dwellingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 08:04 AM   #11

I am, very limited in my knowledge about this topic but will try my best to help.
Honeymoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atwood, leveling, leveling system