Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #1

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Unhappy replacing BCC CB-115

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the RV world & have MINIMAL mechanical & electrical repair/diagnosis experience. I have a 1997 Pace Arrow 35J on a Ford Chassis with a 460 motor. Just bought a replacement BCC board & I'm confused with the replacement instructions. It says "When installing REV P board it is unnecessary to connect the ignition relay mounted in the breaker box. Do not remove relay and the orange wire is no longer needed. Connect one black wire of AUX start relay to breaker box".

I don't see an orange wire anywhere under my hood where this control board it located.

HELP!
97PaceArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97PaceArrow View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the RV world & have MINIMAL mechanical & electrical repair/diagnosis experience. I have a 1997 Pace Arrow 35J on a Ford Chassis with a 460 motor. Just bought a replacement BCC board & I'm confused with the replacement instructions. It says "When installing REV P board it is unnecessary to connect the ignition relay mounted in the breaker box. Do not remove relay and the orange wire is no longer needed. Connect one black wire of AUX start relay to breaker box".

I don't see an orange wire anywhere under my hood where this control board it located.

HELP!
Your '97 already has a board in it that has consolidated the ignition relay onto the board. This change was made on the older CB-200 board (prior to the series CB-115 board). You won't find any orange wire.

Simply move all current connections from the old board to the new board.

Take pictures and make drawings to ensure things are put back correctly.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #3

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks LouLong!

I have a friend of mine helping get this motorhome back to full working & livable order. He thought it would be best to get some answers before taking a chance on frying a $200 board. Thanks again!
97PaceArrow is offline   Reply With Quote