Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2020, 08:43 AM   #1

Replacing L shape sofa Discovery 40E and HR Endeavor

Hi fellow RVers, my L shaped couch in my 2016 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40DP is delaminating as I have read many others are doing that are parent company Rev corp products. My coach is exactly the same inside as the Discovery 40E which seems to be many more of them than the HR on the road so I am posting on Fleetwood . Has anyone replaced their L shaped couch and if so with what ? I have looked at a few dual recliner couches that are around 89 inches long and would fit in the space width wise but the backs are to tall and would block the window knobs and because of the window valance it would have to be moved out too far to be practical. I am continuing to look and would like something with dual recliners doesn't need to be a sleeper or L shaped. I looked at Rec Pro and I think the lowest one they have is 38 inches which would still hit the valance. Any help would be grate ! I am trying to stay under 2k budget.

Thanks Chet
carman999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2020, 06:00 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Peeling Furniture

My 2012 Bounder furniture is also de-laminating . I have removed the valence side panels and plan to install a reclining sofa.I found that new upholstery kits can be ordered for my furniture but it is quite expensive.

I have not been able to determine how to get the corner section of the L-shaped sofa through my door unless I tear off side panels.

Can anyone advise?
epoucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:05 AM   #3

I am searching for a replacement for the "L" shaped sectional in our fifth wheel. Actually like the "L" as it defines the living/kitchen area but cannot find one that will fit in the space. Will follow this topic for possible ideas!
Fifth wheel is DRV.
psmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:36 AM   #4

Hi epoucher, I had partially disassembled my corner unit and you can actually take it apart. You will need to remove the 2 stop bolts that prevent the slide out section so that you can get to the 4 wood screws that hold it to the floor of the slide abd 2 large bolts that hold it to the hide a bed section, then after you pull it out you can take the seat area off the frame which should make it fairly easy to remove.
carman999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:16 PM   #5

Several of us in our Discovery chapter have replaced sofas with recliner sofas from Lambright Comfort Chairs in Topeka, IN. They are an Amish company, and will remove your old furniture and install the new if you visit their factory.
Old 03-05-2020, 04:43 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We pitched our L sofa on our second day of ownership along with the memory foam mattress. We purchased our theatre seating from Lazydays and the end tables came from Brad & Hall. As you can see in the photo, it fits in-between the valences and does not interfere with the window knobs. Edit: I don't have a clue as to why the picture is upside down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Theatre seating 1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	277094  
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:17 AM   #7

When we first got our Discovery in 2018, Steve (paddler1954) was of great assistance, and one of the things he recommended was to replace the L-Couch. After using it for a few weeks the the wife and I agreed...it was quite possibly the least comfortable piece of furniture we ever owned.

When we got to our spot in Florida, we removed the L-Couch and replaced it with two very nice La-Z-Boy powered recliners. They are *soooooo* much more comfortable, and we often fall asleep in them. The foot and head both extend in such a manner that we can use them when overnighting in a Walmart (or wherever) when traveling with no need to extend slides. The added advantage of having separate pieces is that we can each rotate the chairs a bit when watching TV.

There are only certain La-Z-Boys that will work...we spent a few hours in a couple of La-Z-Boy dealers until we found what we liked. I did have to build a small "deck" to attach to the front to make it level with the raised slide floor, when is one of the reason only certain La-Z-Boys will work (there are a limited number of smaller footprint, wall-hugger, low-profile models...with power).

Would not change it back...much happier 18 months later with the La-Z-Boys. We are full timers, so these are used every day. We've also had guests sleep in them, with very positive comments the following morning.
hilgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:50 AM   #8

Could you post which model of recliners you purchased? It might help us in the future as that is our plan (remove the small couch and replace with comfortable recliners).

Also, paddler1954 I downloaded your photo and attempted to fix it, but no matter what I did it still shows upside down. And then I used Paint 3D (comes with Windows 10) and other than cropping it didn't do anything special, and now it appears to have worked.

Looks great by the way!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	recliner-fixed.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	278526  
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, discovery, endeavor