Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2017, 03:10 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Replacing Norcold 1200 w/residential

Does anyone know if the Samsung RF18HFENBSR will "easily" fit into the spot of a Norcold 1200. We have a 2005 Fleetwood Revolution. Thanks
Rvinginmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2017, 03:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvinginmo View Post
Does anyone know if the Samsung RF18HFENBSR will "easily" fit into the spot of a Norcold 1200. We have a 2005 Fleetwood Revolution. Thanks
One - Norcold is 33x67 other Samsung is 33x71 so it will require some work. It will not be a slip in slip out.

Basically your are searching for a short 33" wide counter depth Refrigerator - this is as close as they come to fitting.

Let us know if you find and easy fit.

This is a thread I have open on the replacement - will give you a little more info, -- http://www.irv2.com/forums/f274/swap...os-341038.html

Best of Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:32 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
In my Revolution, I couldn't get the needed height for the Samsung. I wanted to keep the front heater and installed a Whirlpool model.

I documented my replacement staring in this post. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/proj...ml#post3008945

Good luck!

Dave
Mr. Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dave View Post
In my Revolution, I couldn't get the needed height for the Samsung. I wanted to keep the front heater and installed a Whirlpool model.

I documented my replacement staring in this post. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/proj...ml#post3008945

Good luck!

Dave
Thanks for the INFO - every little bit helps - that was a tight Fit.

Thanks will continue my research as I get ready to replace,

Busskipper
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:30 AM   #5

I put that RF18 in my 2006 Revolution and kept the heater. I did have to lower the floor area (or the ceiling of the heater) to allow for the refrigerator height.
It was not a huge problem, there was enough room to lower the floor. The most difficult part was carting the Nor-cold box out (heavy even without doors )
will stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:38 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by will stevens View Post
I put that RF18 in my 2006 Revolution and kept the heater. I did have to lower the floor area (or the ceiling of the heater) to allow for the refrigerator height.
It was not a huge problem, there was enough room to lower the floor. The most difficult part was carting the Nor-cold box out (heavy even without doors )
I understand that the ceiling height on Revolutions was increased in the 2005 and later years. Glad to hear your installation went well.

Dave W
2003 Revolution 40C
Mr. Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:32 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

I used a 14.6 cu ft GE top freezer model to replace mine. The height was good and standard depth worked.

What works (or not) depends heavily on the floor plan. Ceiling height, door swing area, presence or lack of something under the fridge, etc.

Also, getting the new fridge in can be challenging for some models. May not come through the entry door even with fridge doors removed. Typically have to remove co-pilot seat too, and maybe other interior trim. Mine clear by about 0.5" after removing seat.

The bottom line is "measure very, very, carefully!"
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold