RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2019, 08:53 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Replacing Propane tank on Bounder

Good Morning Everyone.

Looking at replacing my OEM propane tank on my 2003 Fleetwood Bounder. Its on a W22 Chassis.

My propane is rusty hot mess and wondering if anyone has replaced theirs and if so any recommended suppliers. I thought of taking off and sanding and painting, but the replacement costs don't look that bad. I would do myself. What size is the standard LPG tank? 20 pound or more?

Thank you.
Stonehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2019, 09:00 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands View Post
Good Morning Everyone.

Looking at replacing my OEM propane tank on my 2003 Fleetwood Bounder. Its on a W22 Chassis.

My propane is rusty hot mess and wondering if anyone has replaced theirs and if so any recommended suppliers. I thought of taking off and sanding and painting, but the replacement costs don't look that bad. I would do myself. What size is the standard LPG tank? 20 pound or more?

Thank you.
I am looking at this as well
I do believe you have a 25 Gallon tank, not lbs. (at least that's what my 2000 Pace Arrow has).
randyxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:02 AM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to legrandnorm
On a class A, the tank is usually around 80 pounds or 18 US gallons
Old 07-29-2019, 03:54 PM   #4

I've never had to do this, but if I have to the first place I'd check with is the local propane supplier.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:55 PM   #5

MH tanks are sold by capacity in gallons. They don't weight MH to fill them by the pound.

Local propane dealers rairly deal with ASME propane tanks. They supply cylinders for the home and tanks that you bury.

Amazon sells them.

As far as capacity, find out what you have, its stamped on the tank, or measure the space you have to fit one.Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture%2B_2019-07-29-17-54-59.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	255121
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 05:07 PM   #6

2003 Bounder....ALL models had a 25 gallon LP Tank

Unless damaged (Fire/accident) or rusted thru no need to replace

Wire brush it,,,,,,,,,,,a few rattle cans of white/grey paint and go at it
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:39 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Replacing propane tank

Thank you everyone for the responses. After I sent my message i realized I meant to say gallons not pounds.

Looks like my first option will be to clean it up and prime and paint. Tough to get worked on as you have to crawl around under coach but will give it a shot. Good suggestions and again my thanks.
Stonehands is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, propane, tank