Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2022, 09:10 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Replacing refrigerator

Wen replacing a side by side I'm told the windshield has to be removed, anyone with experience and apx. cost for this
nascamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2022, 09:22 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I've got a 2002 Monaco Windsor PKD. No slide on the passenger side. I was able to remove the dining room window and pull the new fridge in that way. Used a tractor with forks on it, laid the fridge down and pulled in through the window onto the dining room table. Then spun it around and put it upright. I did the install myself so really just the cost of the fridge.

Depending on clearance some people can bring a fridge in through the front door, we tried that but not enough clearance.

Others have removed the drivers side window.

My last option would be to remove the windshield, to high of risk breaking it and ruining the seals.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 09:37 AM   #3

Measure the door opening, go to lowes and home depot find the ones that will fit and pick one. I've helped friends do several and they've all fit through the door.
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 09:47 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
My Samsung fridge came in through the passenger side window. The old four door fridge went out the same window.

Easy peasy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0743.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	340.1 KB
ID:	355156   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0729.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	357.8 KB
ID:	355157  

Surf Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 05:55 PM   #5

My Samsung fridge came right through the door. The doors on the fridge had to be removed but that was 5 minutes with ratchet.
Old 01-31-2022, 08:03 PM   #6

We brought our French door Fisher Paykel through side window. It was easy to remove and reinstall the window.
mlh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 08:21 PM   #7

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf Fisher View Post
My Samsung fridge came in through the passenger side window. The old four door fridge went out the same window.

Easy peasy!
Yup same here.. REALLY LIKE the Sammy-18 over the Damnetic 1492..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 09:51 AM   #8

Through the Side Window

Managed to get the old one out and the new Samsung 18 in through the side window over the booth dinette.

Here's a link to another thread with a few pics. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/refr...ml#post5889448
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:18 AM   #9

Different rig, But I dismantled the original Norcold 1200 and just squeaked it out the front door. The 17qf Fisher and Paykel came in the same way sans the doors and freezer drawer. I have front entry and needed to remove the passenger seat to make the turn. I had about 1/4" to spare on the sides.

Not unusual to have to remove a window.

Removal and installation costs were free, and were done by some old guy and his wife.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 10:57 AM   #10

On my 2004 Revolution 40C It came and went (out and in) by the passenger side window. Finished product.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fridge1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	355524  
glens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 01:30 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Some fridges are the right size and shape to pass through the entry door, once the fridge doors are removed. It may be necessary to remove the front passenger seat to help. Obviously the size of the fridge makes a difference too.

If that isn't practical, the layout (floorplan) of the coach dictates whether there is any window large enough to pass a fridge through. Some sub-models have small or skinny windows, while others may have a more panoramic view. If no window is big enough, then the windshield is the remaining option.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 04:33 PM   #12

I was able to get the nevercold out thru the door...but...the 15cf apartment unit wouldn't go thru the door without hitting the dash and TV cabinet.

So I took the pax side LR window out and had several very muscular teenage boys shove the damn thing thru. Was easy after that!

Most productive 2 days I've ever spent working on my coach. The damn thing actually keeps food cold now!
Old 02-08-2022, 02:00 PM   #13

I have the large Norcold 1200 4 door unit with ice maker in my 04 American Tradition. I chose to go with JC Refrigeration. They have about 4 choices of replacement refrigeraton packages 12DC or 120vac compressor models as well as 2 different types of absorbsion units . I drove to Shipshewana to have mine done. They do it in about 1 1/2 hours inside your unit. No removal of windows or doors.

Shipshewana Really fun place to go. But they will ship a unit to a dealer near you.

jc-refrigeration.com 260-768-4067
navyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 04:32 PM   #14

Repair shops just want to make money

I was told I needed a new fridge and it would need to go through the windshield; cost $8000. I said, STOP, the plastic box was fine all it needs is a new control board and a propane valve and solenoid. Plus a mechanic who knows what he is doing; a little rewiring .

When the parts came in it took two hours and cost $1400 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't let these greedy dealerships take advantage of you. Educate yourself, do the research and stand by your guns.
Geo19Irv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, refrigerator