RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2019, 08:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
My concern about switching from an RV based tire is the ride it will provide. I am pretty particular about ride and do not want it harsher than it already is especially on some of the garbage roads we have in this country. I probably have another 2 years before I decide. Love to hear from someone who is also ride conscience that switch and satisfied with switch fro Michelins.
I have my Bounder dialed in as far as handling but ride still can be improved and certainly do not want to go backwards.
Not wanting to start yet another 30 page thread on ride (plenty of those here already), but MY experience with MY rig was that ride was about 90% shocks, and the rest is likely swaybars/other suspension components.

I noticed ZERO difference between the Mich's and the Sumis, OTHER than the Sumis had balancing beads in them, so I'd feel a very small shake for the first 1-2 minutes when coming up to speed. Other than that, DW and I are both very satisfied with the ride.

jb
Lobstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2019, 12:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by meant2shop View Post
Waiting to hear from some Fleetwood Pace Arrow owners as well, since thatís what I have.
I have your exact model & year PA. I can't say with authority what tire is best, etc., etc. My rig is much higher mileage, but I don't know how many miles were on my Michelins when I replaced them last October. We've only had it a little over 2 years. I chose the Michelins because that was what was on them before and with the FMCA discount I effectively got 1 tire free. Also, I couldn't find the right size elsewhere and I didn't want to take chances on how well a different size would do. (How do you get a tire place to mount tires you bought elsewhere for free? How do they make any money?)

We had the rig for about 2 years before a service place noted some very slight sidewall cracking had started. Again, I don't know how long, in time or miles, the tires had been on the rig. The Michelins are definitely expensive, but I wanted to rely on the right tire. So, years ahead, I'll find out how these last.

Speaking of lasting, your rig is 13 years old and still has the original tires? That should tell you something about how well the tires last. Esp. without being driven much, I thought tires would deteriorate and sidewalls start cracking before that.

How did you get the flat? Something in the tread or did the sidewall give out?

Oh, another thing: when I bought the tires I made sure to check the manufacture date on them. They had all been manufactured within 3 months prior. When you're spending so much on tires, don't buy anything that's already years old.
vagaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:56 AM   #17

I don't run my tires past 6yrs. On borrowed time at that point, and you're just playing the odds. Might go 7, might go 9, might go 6 and 1 month. Just not worth the risk for me.

As for sizes, the important things are the width so the rear duals don't touch, and the circumfrence, as you want the spedo to be as accurate as possible.

Any decent tire shop can help with recommendations for replacements.
Lobstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:53 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Tire replacement - Size/Brand to choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagaron View Post
I have your exact model & year PA. I can't say with authority what tire is best, etc., etc. My rig is much higher mileage, but I don't know how many miles were on my Michelins when I replaced them last October. We've only had it a little over 2 years. I chose the Michelins because that was what was on them before and with the FMCA discount I effectively got 1 tire free. Also, I couldn't find the right size elsewhere and I didn't want to take chances on how well a different size would do. (How do you get a tire place to mount tires you bought elsewhere for free? How do they make any money?)

We had the rig for about 2 years before a service place noted some very slight sidewall cracking had started. Again, I don't know how long, in time or miles, the tires had been on the rig. The Michelins are definitely expensive, but I wanted to rely on the right tire. So, years ahead, I'll find out how these last.

Speaking of lasting, your rig is 13 years old and still has the original tires? That should tell you something about how well the tires last. Esp. without being driven much, I thought tires would deteriorate and sidewalls start cracking before that.

How did you get the flat? Something in the tread or did the sidewall give out?

Oh, another thing: when I bought the tires I made sure to check the manufacture date on them. They had all been manufactured within 3 months prior. When you're spending so much on tires, don't buy anything that's already years old.
Thanks so much for responding.
Your input confirmed, to me, that I made the right decision. I ordered the Michelinís last week at Costco for my PA 37C. Costco has the best price for 6 tires, $2539. I upgraded my membership to Executive and also got a Costco credit card, so Iíll get 4% back in rewards for the tire purchase.

I donít know how I got the flat tires. The rig has mostly been parked since my husband passed, except for maintenance. I discovered the flat tires while it was parked at my house. Couldíve just been from age of the tires. Grateful I wasnít driving.

I appreciate your advice and relaying your Michelin tire thoughts and experience.
Safe and Happy travels.
meant2shop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires