Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2021, 07:59 AM   #1

Retract the jacks by hand?

I have a 2022 Fortis 34MB with the Lippert leveling, and yesterday the jacks were behaving oddly. First, after parking I went to extend them, and the little screen on the jacks controller said the jacks were already down (which they weren't). I ran the auto-retract anyway, although I'm not sure it did anything.

Then I tried to do the auto-level, but I got an error. I don't remember exactly what it said, but it was something about it aborting the operation because it got an error. I looked under the coach, and several of the jacks were partially down, but only one was touching the ground.

I retracted them, turned the system on and off, and tried the auto-level again. It worked, and the jacks extended and leveled normally.

This experience got me thinking. What if I'm parked in a campground and the jacks won't go up? The scenario I'm concerned about is where both the auto-retract and the manual retract don't work from the control panel, like if the controller is totally broken.

Is there a way to crawl under there and raise them by hand with a wrench or something?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0082.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	359.1 KB
ID:	349206  
Jim917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2021, 09:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim917 View Post

Is there a way to crawl under there and raise them by hand with a wrench or something?
No, getting jacks up on a non operating system is can be an involved operation.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:23 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Your owners manual provides the procedure to raise the jacks manually. It requires a power drill and a socket. See page 7 of your manual.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryStone View Post
Your owners manual provides the procedure to raise the jacks manually. It requires a power drill and a socket. See page 7 of your manual.
Thanks! It was actually on a different page in my manual, but I found it, just like you said.

I hope I never need to do it. With my lack of experience in these things, I'm not sure the instructions would be sufficient for me to really do it. Same with the instructions for manually retracting the slides. I found those instructions near the other ones, and that procedure sounds even harder!

But at least I know where the instructions are, now. Thanks!
Jim917 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks