Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
REV Group Discovery/Monaco Help

We are looking for advice on REV Group products...specifically the Discovery 44LXE and the Monaco Marquis44. Difference in the two coaches as well as warranty, customer service issues and any other "words of wisdom" greatly appreciated. Also, recommendations on dealerships who may have offered good service..especially AFTER the sale!
MrBelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2018, 04:39 PM   #2

Best part of discovery ownership is the discovery owners association. Very quick email assistance and community.

As far as dealers go you might get better response of folks knew what area. None of the dealers for any brand are particularly awesome after the sale. The nice thing about rev is they do have a couple service centers across the us.
trs80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:03 PM   #3

Hi MrBelvedere; I am an older Monaco Coach owner. REV acquired Monaco form Navistar. I have looked at a lot of the Monaco line under REV and am not too impressed. You will find a lot of the older Monaco owners who are also not impressed with the REV Monaco line up for probably the same or different reasons than I do. I also have been looking at the current Newmar line. I see you own one of their products! I am more impressed with Newmar than REV Monaco. To me, and this is just my opinion, the Newmar seems to be put together better. I cannot say anything about REV warranty and service after the sale. Hope other owners here with what you have been looking at give you some of their experiences. If I were to be thinking of making a change today, I would be looking at the Newmar lineup. Again, just my 2 cents! Hope you get some good answers. Have a great Thanksgiving!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:39 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Hi MrBelvedere; I am an older Monaco Coach owner. REV acquired Monaco form Navistar. I have looked at a lot of the Monaco line under REV and am not too impressed. You will find a lot of the older Monaco owners who are also not impressed with the REV Monaco line up for probably the same or different reasons than I do. I also have been looking at the current Newmar line. I see you own one of their products! I am more impressed with Newmar than REV Monaco. To me, and this is just my opinion, the Newmar seems to be put together better. I cannot say anything about REV warranty and service after the sale. Hope other owners here with what you have been looking at give you some of their experiences. If I were to be thinking of making a change today, I would be looking at the Newmar lineup. Again, just my 2 cents! Hope you get some good answers. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Thanks much for the reply...and your observations. I will proceed with caution!! Go Saints!!
MrBelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBelvedere View Post
Thanks much for the reply...and your observations. I will proceed with caution!! Go Saints!!
I wasted 3 days at REV group in Decatur trying to get two very simple problems fixed with both of my furnaces. I had to pay for a new(unneeded) control board and later had to buy a new fan housing their "technician" broke and hid the evidence.
After REV "fixed" the furnaces three times I finally found an Atwood employed tech who replaced the plastic housing the REV group tech broke and removed the small dogwood fluffy seed pod that was intermittently jamming the sail switch on the other furnace.
It took months and many emails to get REV to honor their 90 day warranty and reimburse the $183 dollars I spent fixing their screw ups.
BTW. Where do you want the Saints to go?
(I put 'em on the Tee. It's up to you to swing at it)[emoji41]
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:56 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have had our Discovery for a little over a year now and all things considered we are very pleased with our purchase. Prior to our one year anniversary we went to Decatur with our list of things needing correcting. REV fixed all our concerns with only three exceptions.

Our coach has a parasitic drain on the starting batteries, our technician was not able to find the problem. I'll start troubleshooting that in a week or so. The second issue was our Girard awning was slightly out of alignment. Our technician tweeked it into proper alignment but in doing so he somehow messed up the awning IN motor stop switch. I downloaded the Girard installation manual and corrected that problem myself. Our third issue was a defective servo motor in the Aurora dash air conditioner. REV replaced the servo motor but the replacement went belly up after 30 days.

I called REV and they authorized us taking the rig to a Florida dealer and having the servo motor replaced under the 90 day warranty. We will have the new servo installed next week.

Overall, we are pleased with our coach and the service we have received from REV. Currently with 10,000 baby boomers retiring daily, all RV manufacturers are pushing coaches out the door as quickly as possible. All are having quality issues. Tiffin and Newmar are not exempt from these issues. I have friends with them and their punch lists were considerably longer than ours.
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, discovery, monaco