Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2022, 08:56 PM   #1

REV/Holiday Rambler Warranty Arbitration

When we got our new Holiday Rambler Admiral 32S last May, I expected there would be some minor repairs. I didn't expect it to be in the shop for more days than not. I also expected a 6-figure vehicle would have higher build quality. Things like the theater seats not screwed to the floor, the vanity not screwed to the wall, multiple plumbing fittings not even hand tight, the electric water heater didn't work because they hadn't connected the wires - in total over 2 dozen fairly significant issues (and I'm not a nitpicker and have never had a warranty repair before on a new vehicle). And to top it off, the water pump went out because of construction debris in the line (6,200 miles on the MH). So far, after a lot of hassle, they've covered everything under warranty except the water pump - determining it to be "maintenance". Our warranty calls for arbitration in Milwaukee - has anybody done this? Should I just eat the $497 it cost me to replace the water pump and "just let it go", or is it worth fighting?
Dive-RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2022, 04:13 AM   #2

REV/Holiday Rambler Warranty Arbitration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dive-RV View Post
When we got our new Holiday Rambler Admiral 32S last May, I expected there would be some minor repairs. I didn't expect it to be in the shop for more days than not. I also expected a 6-figure vehicle would have higher build quality. Things like the theater seats not screwed to the floor, the vanity not screwed to the wall, multiple plumbing fittings not even hand tight, the electric water heater didn't work because they hadn't connected the wires - in total over 2 dozen fairly significant issues (and I'm not a nitpicker and have never had a warranty repair before on a new vehicle). And to top it off, the water pump went out because of construction debris in the line (6,200 miles on the MH). So far, after a lot of hassle, they've covered everything under warranty except the water pump - determining it to be "maintenance". Our warranty calls for arbitration in Milwaukee - has anybody done this? Should I just eat the $497 it cost me to replace the water pump and "just let it go", or is it worth fighting?

I purchased a New Holiday Rambler Vacationer which I don’t own anymore which it was in the shop for 3 months the first year I owned it. It was so bad they sent a person to drive it back to the factory. So basically what’s your time worth fighting?
Old 01-28-2022, 08:42 AM   #3

6 months at a dealer for warranty work in the first year for my Fleetwood. And it wasn't even fixed at that. I drove it to Decatur for them to fix it.
Lots of time, I would imagine, for arbitration. Do you have ALL the specific details of dates, times, loss of service, trips cancelled, exactly what was wrong, who fixed it, etc.?
Best of luck and let us know what you decide and how it goes.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:53 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We are nitpickers and found REV to be extraordinarily accommodating on our warranty items. We had a heck of a laundry list of stuff in our first few months. We took it to Decatur and they took care of everything in just a couple weeks, even with waiting for parts and paint, and didn't charge us anything at all. They even took care of a couple of things that we hadn't caught.

Did you take it to a REV facility, or did you go through a dealer? We tried to go through the dealer with our last coach and they tried to deny everything. Even told us that they wouldn't even submit some items for warranty because they "knew" that it wouldn't be covered. So we contacted the manufacturer ourselves and got a name and a phone number for the dealer to call with a person on it that said that they very much would cover it under warranty. I would never take a dealers word for it. Have you called REV directly about your problem?
Old 01-28-2022, 11:10 AM   #5

UPDATE:

As a follow up, I was going to call REV support. There is no phone number listed on the Holiday Rambler website, so I was typing a message in the online support form when I got a call from REV. Somebody there is obviously monitoring IRV2 and looked me up, and it was more than the perfunctorily reputation management response "we value..."

She was knowledgeable, sympathetic and understanding. I scanned the receipt and expect to hear back that they will reimburse me. So while I'm still unimpressed with quality control and build quality from the factory, when you get to the right person, their customer service is impressive (assuming they follow through and reimburse me).

I have one open item with the servicing dealer, but if anyting else comes up, I'll drive to the service center in OR. That's about 600 miles from me, but will be worth it.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:58 AM   #6

REV Makes Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dive-RV View Post
I scanned the receipt and expect to hear back that they will reimburse me.
I just got confirmation that they will reimburse me. If only their manufacturing quality was as good as their customer service!
Old 01-31-2022, 01:22 PM   #7

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We bought a 2021 Holiday Rambler Vactioner 35P and had it now for a year yesterday. Most of all the problems have been the add on from all the outside suppliers. Washing machine, Fire place, Furnace, Everything has been fixed buy the venders who built the products. I am waiting on a Fireplace that the motor started to make noise. I Emailed them for just a motor and they are sending a new unit. The coach it's self I have been very happy. Not sure if I got lucky or they started to build the coach better. REV has been great every time I asked for an electrical or pluming prints. They have helped with all my issues. Good Luck on your coach.
rogtill61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 04:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogtill61 View Post
We bought a 2021 Holiday Rambler Vactioner 35P and had it now for a year yesterday. Most of all the problems have been the add on from all the outside suppliers. Washing machine, Fire place, Furnace, Everything has been fixed buy the venders who built the products. I am waiting on a Fireplace that the motor started to make noise. I Emailed them for just a motor and they are sending a new unit. The coach it's self I have been very happy. Not sure if I got lucky or they started to build the coach better. REV has been great every time I asked for an electrical or pluming prints. They have helped with all my issues. Good Luck on your coach.
Good point!
I had a couple of things failed after my warranty was up from REV. Fireplace heater/fan, furnace board, LED lights, etc. A call to REV was useless as they simply said your warranty is up.
I forget how I found out. It might have been right here on iRV2.
Many items in a new RV have longer warranties than what REV gives you. All the items above were sent to me direct from the respective product manufacturer. I was quite happy about that although sad they failed shortly after the 1 year warranty from REV was up. Knock wood I have been pretty lucky with additional failures since that point.
Old 02-08-2022, 01:31 PM   #9

Rev/HOLIDAY RAMBLER Warranty

I know exactly how frustrating it is to have a rig in the shop for longer than you have been using it in total. I do have a holiday rambler vacationer 36H bunkhouse 2017. Over the years we’ve had issues with warranty failures. But I do have to admit REV has been amazing in the customer service department. They made a very frustrating situation into a positive experience. Good luck with your situation
myfirstrv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 06:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizcom View Post
We are nitpickers and found REV to be extraordinarily accommodating on our warranty items. We had a heck of a laundry list of stuff in our first few months. We took it to Decatur and they took care of everything in just a couple weeks, even with waiting for parts and paint, and didn't charge us anything at all. They even took care of a couple of things that we hadn't caught.

Did you take it to a REV facility, or did you go through a dealer? We tried to go through the dealer with our last coach and they tried to deny everything. Even told us that they wouldn't even submit some items for warranty because they "knew" that it wouldn't be covered. So we contacted the manufacturer ourselves and got a name and a phone number for the dealer to call with a person on it that said that they very much would cover it under warranty. I would never take a dealers word for it. Have you called REV directly about your problem?
Agreed, REV was outstanding in getting our new Bounder fixed last year for a laundry list of issues. Overnighted parts, assigned a factory tech to the dealers to help get things corrected, followed up with us to make sure we were getting taken care of. It is unfortunately the QC of pretty much every RV in this insane demand time. We have serverl friends that purchased new Tiffins and Newmars and they each had issues galore, several of them major. Hang in there, REV will get you taken care of.
As far as the arbitration that's up to you. If it were us after all the hassle to get things fixed, I would eat it and start enjoying the RV and put all the aggravation behind you.
VentanaOdyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 06:26 AM   #11

REV is comin g through

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadBounder View Post
Agreed, REV was outstanding in getting our new Bounder fixed last year for a laundry list of issues. Overnighted parts, assigned a factory tech to the dealers to help get things corrected, followed up with us to make sure we were getting taken care of. It is unfortunately the QC of pretty much every RV in this insane demand time. We have serverl friends that purchased new Tiffins and Newmars and they each had issues galore, several of them major. Hang in there, REV will get you taken care of.
As far as the arbitration that's up to you. If it were us after all the hassle to get things fixed, I would eat it and start enjoying the RV and put all the aggravation behind you.
REV reached out to my after my post here, is sending me a check for the water pump repair, and is working with the dealer on a few remaining repairs - still waiting for those but am confident it'll be taken care of. That doesn't change QC issues and the insanity of manufacturers sending out problems only to pay to fix them later.

Tags
holiday rambler, warranty