Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2022, 12:10 PM   #1

Revolution Captain's Chairs Armrests

I'm sure that at some point I researched how to remove the armrests from the seats up front but I cannot remember how. There's a little zipper at the base of the armrest and opening it exposes the rotation point. It seems like it is something simple but my memory is not something simple to rely on. I appreciate any guidance provided regarding how to get those jokers off of there.

On a side note, the reason I am trying to remove the armrests is to put some covers on the seats. All of the plasti-leather is in the process of peeling off. If someone has faced this problem and found a good resolution, I'd love to hear it. I am trying to avoid the replacement of the seats (and likely the windshield to facilitate their removal).

Thanks.
skyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2022, 12:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyshark View Post
I'm sure that at some point I researched how to remove the armrests from the seats up front but I cannot remember how. There's a little zipper at the base of the armrest and opening it exposes the rotation point. It seems like it is something simple but my memory is not something simple to rely on. I appreciate any guidance provided regarding how to get those jokers off of there.

On a side note, the reason I am trying to remove the armrests is to put some covers on the seats. All of the plasti-leather is in the process of peeling off. If someone has faced this problem and found a good resolution, I'd love to hear it. I am trying to avoid the replacement of the seats (and likely the windshield to facilitate their removal).

Thanks.

Why would you take out windshield? If you canít get threw the door which I think you can take a side window out.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:40 PM   #3

I know on my other coach (was a Georgetown) you pushed "in" at the pivot point, then rotated. I forget if the arm was straight up or down, but think straight up -- push, then rotate and it should come free.

Hard to describe since I don't really remember, but give the push a try.

Higher end Flexsteel or other seats may be different.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:55 PM   #4

Carried the seats right out the door of our '14 Revolution. No disassembly required, but it was definitely a 2 man lift.

Recovered by a local automotive upholsterer. Very satisfied.

Now the couches are molting & we opted to order new.
Cincy Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 07:50 PM   #5
US1

hookupandgo described how mine are removed.....Raise arms fully up, push in, pivot arms further backwards.
US1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 07:17 AM   #6

Thanks

Thank you for the insights. I think I will give it a go (rotate arm up, press in, over-rotate some more, pull the arm off). I'm glad to hear that the seats will come out the door. I'd hoped so but it wasn't looking solid. The seat covers should hold us through summer travels and when I get back I'll make a more solid plan for recovering. Somewhere I think I've got contact info on a site that has the patterns for the seat covers and can thus make them and mail them for local installation. The question becomes, "Can I find that contact information?"
Old 05-06-2022, 09:08 AM   #7

A Final Note

I went to work on the armrests based on the advice that I got here. It seems like the 'push in and rotate further back' technique is Flexsteel. My seats were made by Villa. With Villa, open the little zipper on the back of the armrest, pull off the clip, then hyper-rotate the armrest to align pin and hole for removal. It is progressing pretty good though I did have to go back to Villa for some replacement clips as I managed to overpower the plastic and get one off without following the correct procedure. At least they aren't too expensive ($2.50 a pop plus shipping).

Tags
air, revolution