Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2020, 10:34 AM   #1

Revolution fuses

We have 2004 revolution 38B and the 12v interior lights on the passenger side including the map light, overhead light, patio light and awning motor have all gone out and I can not find a fuse for those items. I looked under the drivers side outside cabinet, those all look good, end of the bed fuses, none said they were for the awning and they look fine. We have the awning extended and need to retract it and would like to get the lights working again.
Can anyone help with the location or a schematic for the 38B model?
TIA
billsincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2020, 10:57 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Check the fuses under the bed. On my 03 Revolution 40C, the Living Area Power fuse runs all the items you listed as not working on your coach.

Hope this helps.

Dave
Mr. Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:23 PM   #3

I have checked the fuses at the end of the bed, there is no blown fuses and none are labeled awning.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:47 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't know this, but Mr. Dave said under the bed. Maybe if you look under the bed, you will find some more?
Our 05 has fuses in strange places.
Or maybe Mr. Dave will elaborate what he means :-)
Old 10-14-2020, 04:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsincali View Post
We have 2004 revolution 38B and the 12v interior lights on the passenger side including the map light, overhead light, patio light and awning motor have all gone out and I can not find a fuse for those items. I looked under the drivers side outside cabinet, those all look good, end of the bed fuses, none said they were for the awning and they look fine. We have the awning extended and need to retract it and would like to get the lights working again.

Can anyone help with the location or a schematic for the 38B model?

TIA

Everything that went out sounds like it’s on the chassis batteries and none of the items should be on the same circuit. You say fuses look good how did you check by looking or a voltage meter?
Old 10-14-2020, 04:22 PM   #6

I checked them by pulling each fuse out and checking it. It is curious that the awning and lights both dont work but they are all in the passenger front corner of the coach. The other lights on the drivers side and rear are working. The coach is plugged into shore power and the inverter breakers are on.
Old 10-15-2020, 05:48 AM   #7

Revolution fuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsincali View Post
I checked them by pulling each fuse out and checking it. It is curious that the awning and lights both dont work but they are all in the passenger front corner of the coach. The other lights on the drivers side and rear are working. The coach is plugged into shore power and the inverter breakers are on.

Check for voltage on each side of fuses to make sure you have voltage at fuse.
Old 10-15-2020, 06:02 AM   #8

I do not know of the fuse location exactly where you have no power, but on my 06 Revolution the fuse for things like my entry hatch is in the front compartment drivers side behind a removable panel.There are some glass fuses as well.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by will stevens View Post
I do not know of the fuse location exactly where you have no power, but on my 06 Revolution the fuse for things like my entry hatch is in the front compartment drivers side behind a removable panel.There are some glass fuses as well.

Mine also way to many to pull, you can check them all in just a few minutes with a voltage tester check both sides of fuses.
Old 10-15-2020, 03:12 PM   #10

Sorry not any help with the fuses. However if you need to get the awning in, if you get 12v power to the 2 silver "buttons" under the awning head you can retract the awning. I cut the ends off a old extension cord to use for jumper wire. Sorry about the bad picture but you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201015_134850.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	304850  
Old 10-23-2020, 03:10 PM   #11

Hi. New to irV2, but long time lurker. I just joined because I wanted to post, what may be, some help with your fuse issue. Somewhere on this site, in another thread (which I now cant find) a member indicated that there is a fuse (3 amp I think) built into one of the switches at the door panel, that, if blown, affects power to several items controlled by that panel. Hope this might be of some help. Needle.
Needle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:07 AM   #12

Spartan Chassis
Was this problem resolved??? I shorted out the "Porch" light while replacing and now can't find the fuse that protected it... will look for the 3 amp fuse in the entry switch area next
200MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 05:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200MPH View Post
Was this problem resolved??? I shorted out the "Porch" light while replacing and now can't find the fuse that protected it... will look for the 3 amp fuse in the entry switch area next

It should be in you main 12 volt fuse panel in your front drivers side bay behind plywood.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:01 AM   #14

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
It should be in you main 12 volt fuse panel in your front drivers side bay behind plywood.
Thanks.. already checked all of the fuses with a voltmeter in that bay as well as the two 12 volt panels in the bedroom.. I also looked at the fuse panel in the battery compartment... no joy so far... two of the switches in the entry are not working..one for the outside lights (front porch light, entry handle light and drivers side porch light) the second switch controls the pass side interior ceiling fixture.
200MPH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, fuses, revolution