Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2019, 08:36 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Question Revolution LE slide question

Hello and Merry Christmas Friends.

We have a new to us 20017 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40E. Question is on adjustments to the living room slide.

On the Driver side Living Room Slide, are there or is there an adjustment for the slide for when it is fully open. When the slide moves out, which it does no problem, the slide does a leveling or drop down towards the end of the extension to level the slide with the floor inside. I know all slides do this. My question is this. Is it possible that my slide is down too far putting extra pressure on the slide motor to drag it in to get started. My slide when you go to retract, the button is pushed, the motor clicks and start to budge but stops. You have to continue to Bump the switch repeatedly till the slide is in far enough to raise it past the drop down position. In all it is at most 6 inches or so and then once the slide is up, it comes in no problem.

Is there an adjustment for this? Thank you.
Stonehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2019, 12:09 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I would make sure batteries are fully charged and monitor the amps while trying to make it up the slope. If this seems excessive than I would double check that there is no damage to the slide/rollers(if applicable)/etc.
I guess there is a clutch feature that is kicking in?

Ultimately there is either too much room drag or the motor/clutch is bad IMO.

disclaimer; I have no real experience with your slide or any others.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands View Post
Hello and Merry Christmas Friends.

We have a new to us 20017 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40E. Question is on adjustments to the living room slide.

On the Driver side Living Room Slide, are there or is there an adjustment for the slide for when it is fully open. When the slide moves out, which it does no problem, the slide does a leveling or drop down towards the end of the extension to level the slide with the floor inside. I know all slides do this. My question is this. Is it possible that my slide is down too far putting extra pressure on the slide motor to drag it in to get started. My slide when you go to retract, the button is pushed, the motor clicks and start to budge but stops. You have to continue to Bump the switch repeatedly till the slide is in far enough to raise it past the drop down position. In all it is at most 6 inches or so and then once the slide is up, it comes in no problem.

Is there an adjustment for this? Thank you.

Do you have motor running?
Old 12-04-2019, 05:02 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Look up above the basement locker on the ceiling for a micro switch attached to a ~2" metal strip that an obstruction on the slide will hit when it is at full extension. The strip might be bent. There should be one on both big slides. I'm not sure about the bedroom slide. It should be above the second or third locker from the front (the front locker is the propane locker)
If you cannot find it. let me know and I will take a picture.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:24 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Do you have motor running?
Yes I do whenever I use the slides.

Thank you.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:28 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by krivanj View Post
Look up above the basement locker on the ceiling for a micro switch attached to a ~2" metal strip that an obstruction on the slide will hit when it is at full extension. The strip might be bent. There should be one on both big slides. I'm not sure about the bedroom slide. It should be above the second or third locker from the front (the front locker is the propane locker)
If you cannot find it. let me know and I will take a picture.
I will check for it this weekend. I know the locker and just looked inside and on the roof is the motor and on the back wall there is a connection that looks like it has a fuse on it. Possibly a slo burn fuse?
Old 12-04-2019, 07:29 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A pic of your metal strip would be most helpful if you are able to do so.

Thank you very much.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:34 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
I would make sure batteries are fully charged and monitor the amps while trying to make it up the slope. If this seems excessive than I would double check that there is no damage to the slide/rollers(if applicable)/etc.
I guess there is a clutch feature that is kicking in?

Ultimately there is either too much room drag or the motor/clutch is bad IMO.

disclaimer; I have no real experience with your slide or any others.
Makes sense. My unit is always running when slides are in use and battery shows 13 Volts.

Thank you for your advise. I’m going to look into that clutch observation. I agree that something is drawing or dragging the motor or rollers down.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:53 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Revolution Slides.

Hello friends.

I found a Fleetwood Service Bulletin # SBA0267 regarding 2006 and 2007 slide lift kit to help aid in retraction. They are called Lift Blocks and look to be a nylon or plastic block you install that assists in the first 8 inches on the main slide when retracting to get past the ramp.

Has anyone heard of this or done this type of install. I still have things to check out but did verify that I have to level my coach first, then extend or retract slides with engine running.

I appreciate all your help and insights.

Tags
revolution, slide