Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi, being rather new to the RV'ing community, I am looking for input into the roadside assistance clubs. I have looked at the Coach-Net and Good Sam ERS...but a little confused with Coach-Net website as they don't give you a breakdown between their gold, platinum and platium plus services. Since we don't carry a spare, good tire service is very important as is response times.

Any comments in helping make a decision would be appreciated!!

Happy Camping....
fixn2gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #2

I belonged to CoachNet for a year and called for phone support once. What the tech told me worked, but when I followed up with my dealer he didn't like it. I have been with Good Sams ERS since CoachNet ran out but I haven't had to use them at all.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:06 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Do a search for CoachNet on this and other web sites. Likewise search for Good Sams ERS. I can tell you though there seems to be a lot more positives about CoachNet then Good Sam ERS, but don't take my word for it check for yourself.

Also, are you sure you looked deep enough on their web site. I seem to remember finding a breakdown somewhere on their website.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:37 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have had both Coach Net and Good Sam ERS. Both will work fine for tire service. I found that the Workhorse emergency road service was provided by Coach Net. The only negative I am familiar with happened to a friend. He was towed by Good Sam in North Dakota. The place was unable to fix his engine problem and he had to be towed a second time. Good Sam would not tow him a second time. I understand that Coach Net would.

Many people will be double or triple covered while under warranty periods of their chassis and coach builder plus regular coach insurance.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #5

You will get a wide variety of opinion on which one is best. Unfortunately, I do not know. I can only recount my experience with GS. Last spring on the way home I had what turned out to be a broken brake line on a Sunday afternoon. I called GS and they tried to find a mechanic to find out what was wrong. Being a Sunday they had no luck. They then sent a tow truck which took us to a near by campground. They next morning I called again and they sent out a mechanic who found the broken brake line. He could not fix it. GS then sent a tow truck which towed us to a near by Ford Truck Dealer who made the repair. I decided to drive the toad home and come back and get the MH when repaired, so did not take advantage of their trip interruption insurance. I have no complaints.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for all the advice...I appreciate it. I did you the search you suggested Bob, it does seem to run 50/50. I think I would take exception with GS on Rocky's friends issue though...they took me somewhere I couldn't get service, that would be a little frustrating. GS and CoachNet seem to be the major 2 groups out there...another day, another decision. Oh well, Friday is coming and it's on the road time.
fixn2gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote