Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #1

Unhappy Satellite receiver install

Have a 2015 bounder 34T and trying to install a sat receiver. satellite dish was installed as an option.

Problem is I have no idea what or where the cables is coming from dish Have 3 unconnected cables marked RF2 and 2 that are marked RF1 have no idea if one of theses is from the dish or if it is hidden somewhere.

Some help would be appreciated.
ssgwsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
A bit of a guess, having just replaced my KVH sat antenna with a Winegard Trav'ler on our 2012 Discovery 36J. The RF1 and RF2 cables are from the two LNB (low noise block - that's a satellite receiver/amplifier at the antenna) meaning it is capable of receiving two satellites at the same time. On my old installation, the RF1 and RF2 cables went to an HDMI connector box. From there, a single coax cable goes to the Dish receiver. The unmarked cable MAY be the one that goes to the actual Dish receiver.

Not sure that helps - hope so!
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #3

Thanks... Actually two RF1 and one RF2 cables...not sure where the cable coming from sat is
Old 10-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
What brand satellite dish antenna do you have?
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:26 PM   #5

Each and every cable has a number on its side. Ask for a schematic from the service center folks. That's how I traced out my cables. You will not get a direct answer from the service center. They don't know. I'm glad they are there but there's a limit to the knowledge.
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #6

This is the type of file to expect:

Bounder Ent Ov.pdf
Old 10-05-2014, 01:41 PM   #7

Inie Minie Mynie Moe?

It sound to me that they left the old (or original) Sat cable in place but that's no problem.
RF1 and RF2 indeed indicates separate LNB's on your new dish and one from your old dish also marked RF1!
You need to figure out which two go to your Sat. control box or your Sat. Receiver whichever is the first box to take your Sat. signal.

You can have a really close look at the cables and read the printing on the jacket it will no doubt be different on the old cable then the new RF1 and RF2 cables if that does not do it just take any RF1 and RF2 and see if you get a signal if not try the other one no harm will come! and it will tell you if you get the right one!

Regards,
Ed
RVingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #8

Seems to be some confusion on what I am asking. Winegard dish installed at factory. I currently have 3 coax cables not connect to anyone. 2 are marked RF1 and 1 cable is marked RF2 I have no idea if any of these is from the dish or if it is another cable somewhere.

Tried RF2 today and could not get receiver to show signal. Also tried one of the RF1 cables with same result.

What am I missing?
Old 10-05-2014, 05:26 PM   #9

Did you look at the pdf file? It's not for your model explicitly but that's how Fleetwood marks their cables and the people in the factory use numbers to route cables from one end to the other. There's no confusion here. Call them in the morning. One other thing, are you under a tree or is the sky blocked? How do you know what the receiver is doing?
Old 10-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #10

No trees and receiver is connect to TV. Able to walk through setup of receiver up to the point where it tries to set switch on receiver....nothing tried rf2 and one of the rf1 cables.....
Old 10-05-2014, 05:56 PM   #11

First what antenna was installed? Most factory installs are for Direct TV so it would never work on a Dish receiver without changing it. On most dome antennas that is a simple matter of reading the manual and resetting the antenna such as on a Wingard you have to go on the roof and pull the dome to change the dip switches. A KVH needs to be hooked to a computer to change from Direct to Dish. A Kingdome needs a series of switch inputs to change them. IF you have a Travl'r you need to have the LNB and reflector changed to sw from Dish to Direct or vise versa. As to finding which cable is which use a ohm meter short one cable out on the roof and find it on the inside mark it and do the same for the other cable. I use my coax mapper and do them all at once.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 05:59 PM   #12

Just as I suspected, you are hooked to the receiver. Listen to what mainiac is saying. There are jumpers under the dome to change for dish network. Be careful, the jumpers break off easily.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:29 PM   #13

I am super interested in the outcome. I went through this. It was like pulling teeth to get the info and they (Fleetwood) could only help by sending the pdf files. I mentioned the tree problem because I was in Florida and didn't realize the tree canopy was causing me a problem big time. The jumper issue. I went through that. Broke a jumper and I'm used to jumpers from my computer business (way back IBM pc days). Brittle as heck.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:49 AM   #14

Angry

Pulling Teeth is right... got PDF from Fleetwood..doesn't exactly match the cabling that was done... tried each free cable and nothing... starting to think the cables are not connected to the dish... nor run according to the pdf fleetwood supplied...argh!!

Tags
install, satellite