Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2014, 02:18 PM   #1

Sealand vac-flush toilets

Recently purchased 2011 36D Southwind. Ive got two vac-flush toilets.Really dont have any experience with these types of toilets.My question what should I expect in the way of issues/problems??Boy are they loud when you flush one --- then the vac pump running after that sure lets everyone know your business.Anyway are these toilets going to be a problem and a maintance issue ??? thanks
crowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Welcome to irv2. Here's a link to a previous thread that should give you some insight. See post #19. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/flee...ty-184266.html Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

We have the VacuFlush toilet in our Bounder and so far, so good. We have had over two years of problem-free operation. You will need to make sure the seals are kept clean and free of debris. If they don't seal well the pump will keep running.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:02 PM   #4

These are common in boats and perform well. Don't let the seal dry out and TP is the only thing that doesn't come out you that should be flushed. I didn't realize these were used in RVs. I guess the engineers couldn't figure out how to locate the black tank under the toilet.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:16 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have gone 3 yrs with a sealand vacuflush and NO problems. One advantage is you shouldn't have the problem of a big lump in holding tank from stuff just dropping onto a pile. The vacuum breaks down lumps and toilet paper before it goes into black water tank. Two disadvantages are they are noisy, and they can be a pain in the backside if you have kids who are not careful. we were wary at first and after using for 3 yrs I'd buy another MH with the system. Man y big boat builders install them as standard equipment. safe travels... ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowman View Post
Recently purchased 2011 36D Southwind. Ive got two vac-flush toilets.Really dont have any experience with these types of toilets.My question what should I expect in the way of issues/problems??Boy are they loud when you flush one --- then the vac pump running after that sure lets everyone know your business.Anyway are these toilets going to be a problem and a maintance issue ??? thanks
Here are my thoughts:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/flee...ml#post1819019

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/flee...ml#post1820400

However, if I remember correctly, in the Southwind models your VacuFlush system is located right inside a curbside lower compartment door and is very easily accessed.. unlike the Bounders....
Old 02-17-2014, 06:45 AM   #7

This is a problem for all bath and a half floor plans. How to get the waste to a holding tank that is not under the toilet. Our Dynasty only has one toilet but the floor plan forces us to have a Tecma. Quiet and good looks but uses almost as much water as a home toilet! I would love to install a regular Sealand but cannot! I have searched and no matter which macerating toilet you pick they are problematic. Maybe we need one of those incinerating units or an old Monamatic!!!!!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lost power to ours. There is a separate circuit breaker in the surge/power switching cabinet. Breaker must be under sized.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #9

Sealand Vacflush

Appreciate the feed back.Its good to hear these things are not going to be a hugh problem.True they will reguire so very close attention.Since my 36D has several years on it my plans are to replace some seals and the duckbills.Again -- thanks for the imput.
crowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:25 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94-Newmar View Post
Here are my thoughts:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/flee...ml#post1819019

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/flee...ml#post1820400

However, if I remember correctly, in the Southwind models your VacuFlush system is located right inside a curbside lower compartment door and is very easily accessed.. unlike the Bounders....
I wonder if your comments apply to all Bounder models, or are certain models more problematic? We have a 33c, which has a single bathroom so I assume no "Y" under the bed?
Old 02-20-2014, 03:48 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What ever you do...don't let the vacuum pump freeze, it'l leak and what it leaks is NOT nice.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seal