Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2021, 01:01 PM   #1

Searching for tail light

I have a Fleetwood Discovery. 2007 39v. Broken right tail light which is not in stock and not manufactured now. Where might I find one?
Budb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2021, 01:11 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Have you tried doing an internet search for the DOT number molded into the other one? Most taillight assemblies are from other vehicles and may be available on line. Your other option is to start calling RV salvage yards such as Colaw RV Salvage.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:01 PM   #3

Most of the tailights are made by Bargman. Get the number off the lense and go to their website. Also post a picture here. I have a set that I took off and replaced with led that might work.
Old 06-17-2021, 02:00 AM   #4

My 2008 uses taillights from a 93-95 Mercury Villager. Not sure about the 2007. Not sure which side you need, but, here's a link. Also each side uses a right and left on mine. I pulled up a 2007 brochure and it appears that the 2007 uses the same tail lights as the 2008.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18441689905...caAtwzEALw_wcB
Old 06-21-2021, 07:29 AM   #5

Lights

Do some research, get # s of the tail lights of my 2000 American Eagle and the manufacturer, Hella a European company, went on ebay and found one yellow and two red taillamp assemblies, two came from England one from Latvia, turns out they were used on a Peugeot truck of some sort. The front headlamp assemblies for my 2000 came from a late 90's Cadillac
The cost for the rears was about 75 bucks with shipping and everything for all 3, I think most Coach builders source their parts from manufacturers making lenses for other applications.

2000 American Eagle

sledhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 08:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budb View Post
I have a Fleetwood Discovery. 2007 39v. Broken right tail light which is not in stock and not manufactured now. Where might I find one?
Wow… 4 posts since you joined this forum in 2013. If only I had that kind of ability. Didn’t mean to interrupt your thread. Good luck sir.
2017 22K Bounder 415/6spd/5:38s
2018 F150 Lariat 502A 4X4 Toad & Tow Vehicle
2023 Rockwood GeoPro 20BHS
77Travco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 04:21 PM   #7

Bargman was the OEM to Fleetwood for taillights.

https://www.bargman.com/Products/taillights

Richard
Old 06-29-2021, 04:14 PM   #8

On my 2006 Discovery, the TYC number is as shown in the picture. Its hard to see but it is there. Just Google that number and it will tell you what car/van/truck it was originally made for. Mine, according to my notes, was made for "Taillight housing 11-5405 & 5406 1993 to 1995 Nissan Quest and Mercury Villager"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tail Light (3) arrow.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	334086  
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 12:48 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Reading this post is making me wonder about my headlight lenses…

Can the lenses on the headlights be replaced like the tail light lenses…without replacing the entire housing?

My headlights are yellowed and have spidery cracks…here’s hoping

Big Bertha - 2003 Bounder 35R
mttop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:06 PM   #10

American Coach Owners Club
Headlight, fog light and turn indicator assembly yellowing removal options that prevent the need to replace your expensive lights.

Replacement lights can be expensive to replace and/or professional clean. However, there are a couple home remedies that you should try immediately… what do you have to lose other than 10-15 minutes?

The following two home remedies are quick, simple and inexpensive (less than $5) to greatly reduce and/or completely remove the “yellowed” discoloration:

1. Requires a simple citrus lemon (or small lemon juice squirt bottle), a couple table spoons of table salt and a few clean cotton rags:

Cut the lemon in half - pour a generous amount of household salt directly onto a lemon half. The acidic nature of lemon juice will quickly cut through the road grime and greatly improve visibility

A. Gently rub the salted lemon on the headlight for several minutes and wipe off with a clean cotton rag/towel - you’ll immediately see the yellowing road grime transferring from the headlight onto the rag
B. Let the lemon juice do the work, hard rubbing pressure isn’t necessary.
C. Repeat if necessary to see if the lights will get any clearer

2. Requires an aerosol can of DEEP WOODS OFF mosquito repellent and a few clean cotton rags. The cleaning process may require up to six sprays & wipes per headlight

This option is to use DEEP WOODS OFF mosquito repellent instead of lemon juice.

A. Generously spray repellent directly onto the headlight or a cotton rag
B. Let the repellent do the work, hard rubbing pressure isn’t necessary.
C. Gently rub the repellent in a circular motion - you’ll immediately see the yellow grime transferring from the headlight onto the rag

The difference is CLEAR… I suggest you photograph your headlights (and other light lenses) before you begin to clean.

Work one side for several minutes and them compare it to the still-yellowed light lenses.

Snap a couple additional photographs and you will immediately SEE the Difference.

This project should take at or about 15 minutes total.

Give it a try and if you’re satisfied with the results, please share these tips with your family, friends and other campers you meet through your travels.

Think safety….

Always drive with your lights on for SAFETY - Be seen, be safe - happy travels!
Old 07-09-2021, 08:05 AM   #11

Those tail light housings are Hamsar 81144 red, 81149 amber and 81150 clear. Available from Sourceonesupply.com.
Does anyone have a number for the sockets that fit them? I have an 04 Dutch Star and am changing them all

Tags
light