Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2019, 03:07 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Question Selling my Bounder 35 K

I am selling my Bounder 35K 2015. Does anyone have any advice about selling my Class A. It is time to move on.
Voyager35L is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2019, 07:16 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager35L View Post
I am selling my Bounder 35K 2015. Does anyone have any advice about selling my Class A. It is time to move on.
Brace yourself for what you will be able to get for it.

Sell it outright, I went to a dealer (2 years ago) and was planning on a trade-in on a Discovery...they offered me $50k for a 2014 35K with 20k miles.

The smug sales guy said 'you buy at retail' and 'sell at wholesale'...

Makes no sense, but these things don't price like other vehicles.

Good luck

rm
rmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:41 AM   #3

When we traded our 2016 35K back in 2017 the dealer trade in amounts varied from 60K to 110K. We are approaching the best time of year to upgrade to a new coach, The end of the 2019 model year is just about here and 2020's are on the way. Some very good deals on 2019's are here or just around the corner. If looking to upgrade to a new coach I figure out what the difference in what I have and what I want is worth to me. Whatever tricks the dealer uses to get to that price difference I really don't care, what I do care about is what comes out of my pocket for an upgrade.
It's amazing how much more your coach is worth when the coach your looking to buy has been on the dealers lot for 6 months and he is paying floor plan interest on it.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:16 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
What about payment?

I am beginning the process to sell my 35K also. If I sell it outright to an individual, WHAT IS THE BEST AND SAFEST WAY TO ACCEPT PAYMENT? How do I set a fair price?
Old 04-22-2019, 12:37 PM   #5

I sold a Winnebago once on traderonline.

It sold in about a week and the buyer drove to me to test drive it, and we went to a bank together to have funds transferred from his account to mine.
Jimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:47 AM   #6

It took me about 4 months of advertising on rvtrader to finally find the correct buyer - all cash purchase, they paid off the balance off the loan. Location of RV has a lot of influence of how much competition there is for your coach. FL has a tremendous amount of used RV inventory but does have a smaller number of potential buyers. Your ad and pictures you post, plus all the details you provide are the most important piece of the puzzle to sell your RV on line - price dictates all the lookers - good luck and pm me for more details if you'd like.
zorro2kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:54 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Does anyone have any advice how to price a 2015 Bounder 35K to sell? I notice the prices are all over the place.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:36 PM   #8

People have various prices because there are varying levels of debt. I have seen what looks like attempts of people selling used for new dealer prices because they see their loan payoff and are trying to break even and not take a loss. With the interest and finance charges there are two year old coaches with the payoff amount being pretty much the price they started with brand new.

For a reference point....

I traded in my 2016 Bounder 37F fully trimmed and loaded about 7 months ago in October at LaMesa for $82500 with 33,000 miles I purchased it in the summer of 2015 and used it for four years loosing about $10,000 a year in value in the trade in. When I add in the tax savings doing the trade in toward the new coach I got about another $8,200 in tax savings making a total of $90,700.

I tried to sell online expecting to get more money and wasn't getting calls when asking $99,000 and when I lowered to $95,000 the scammers and lowballers started calling. So in truth if I asked $95k, I would have excepted a cash offer of $90k. The trade in got me more money in the end. My total loss was approx. $41,300 for 4 years of use and I always figure a standard average around $10k depreciation for a gas coach a year, when starting from new. (Obviously the older the coach the less the number drops a year.)

Now the diesel people will start to chime in of course and say "WOW see how much that gas lost in value, thats why WE go diesel."

But remember a $300k Tiffin, Newmar, Entegra, or any other brand for that matter, drops around $45k the first months you own it and don't try to say it doesn't. Thats more than my total loss over 4 years of use. Yes in 4 years your $300k coach might still sell for $230,000 but its still a $70k loss where I lost $40k. Where gas may depreciate say $10-12k year maybe a diesel looses less say $7-8k... they both take that initial "drive off the lot" hit of about 15%. The difference is that gas 15% and diesel 15% can be the difference between $15k and $50k in the first 3 months.

I know many of you will say there is no comparison between the two types but after us having a diesel that was the worst... I love my gas coaches.
Listen we all here know this isn't a cheap hobby or lifestyle , it can cost big bucks and the more you spend the more you can loose.
Don't knock it its just different strokes for different folks. I am happy with mine, and I am happy you love yours!

Good Luck!
AZ RV'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:48 AM   #9

LaMesa are really great to work with, highly recommend them.
Bigfoot_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager35L View Post
Does anyone have any advice how to price a 2015 Bounder 35K to sell? I notice the prices are all over the place.
Depends how desperate you are. NADA low retail will sell faster. NADA average retail is what most of people check, I think, when they are buying. If you want to know real cash value of the motorhome there is David Lester on facebook RV Pricing and Values, for $30 he gives the accurate numbers but you will not like it (+$10 if overnight service). Also depends how many motorhomes are out there like yours.

I am looking for a motorhome, specific floorplan, there are only few available in the country and only 3 that I would agree to buy for a right price. But because they are sitting there for couple months I am waiting for a lower price. I am not in much hurry. I've already looked at 2 of them. Both are about 700miles different directions from me.

Just to give you perspective.
Laara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, sell