One of the treats of moving up to a class A is getting improved systems. In my 2014 Excursion I now have a bay dedicated to hooking up water and dumping the tanks. It even has a spray head on a hose with hot and cold water for washing your hands or whatever. In my PDI I did check that the water worked. What I didn't check was if the hose pulled out. On our first trip, after putting the dump hose away, I went to rinse off and I could only pull the hose out a few inches. And to make matters worse I couldn't put those few inches of hose back in. I felt around behind the panel, but couldn't figure out what was going on and didn't have time to play with it.
So today I had the MH at the house and was checking things out and decided to see what the problem was. As I felt around behind where the hose went in the panel I could feel it was very tight back there. Maybe only 3 or 4 inches. I also could feel that the hose went into a guide tube that seemed very long for the space available. There was a hand tighten nut holding the fixture in place. I loosened it up and took everything apart.
The threaded guide was obviously way too long for the space available. I unscrewed the spray head removed the little retaining clip from the end of the hose so I could pull everything out.
I put the guide and the nut together to see where I could cut some of the length off and marked it.
Then chucked it in a vice (with the nut on) and trimmed it down with a razor saw.
The final result (before and after)
I put everything back together but found that the hose still was binding. After a few minutes of feeling around again I realized the sharp edges from the cut were grabbing the soft plastic of the hose. So I took some 150 sandpaper and rounded off the edges and smoothed it off.
I put everything back together again and this time it was much easier to slide in and out. Its still pretty cramped back there and not as smooth as I'd like, but at least its workable.
I'll file this one under "stuff I should not have had to fix"