Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2020, 12:42 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sewer Hose storage on Revolution LE

Hope Im not wearing out the forum with my repeated questions and situations.

On my 2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE, there is no good place to store my sewer hose except in one of the bays. The wet bay has no room for the hose and I don't like the idea of storing the hose with my fresh water connections anyways.

In order to NOT store the hose in one of the storage bays, and as Mrs Stonehands told me to take it out of the the bay I had it in, I am looking for a good spot to mount a hose tube or caddy.

I bought a nice extendable one with end caps and no really good place that is handy to get at it appears to me under my coach. SOOOO, I am looking at mounting the hose to the back of my mud flap and by coincidence it is the same width and will fit nicely by attaching to the metal back plate on the Revolution Mud Flap with stainless nuts and bolts.

Is this a bad location or idea?? Looking for your comments and alternate ideas.

Wishing everyone and your families a safe and Joyous Easter.
Stonehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2020, 12:52 PM   #2

Not familiar with your rig, but a lot of RV's have a square tube rear bumper. That's for sewer hose storage....
Usually have rubber or plastic sap on both ends.
Not sure about your rig.
scrapperjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:00 PM   #3

My Opinion attaching to mud flap not a good idea. I keep my in a tub with cover in the bay beside wet bay. You have black and grey tank cleaner. Day before I leave I add extra dawn dishwashing liquid when washing dishes to help flush sewer hose since you pull the grey last.
Old 04-10-2020, 02:01 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjohn View Post
Not familiar with your rig, but a lot of RV's have a square tube rear bumper. That's for sewer hose storage....
Usually have rubber or plastic sap on both ends.
Not sure about your rig.
Thank you scraperjohn. My unit is a diesel pusher and there is no back or for that matter front matter bumper. Being a pusher, no good place directly under the rear of the coach works due to engine mounts and exhaust. Thank you very much for jumping on however.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:02 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
My Opinion attaching to mud flap not a good idea. I keep my in a tub with cover in the bay beside wet bay. You have black and grey tank cleaner. Day before I leave I add extra dawn dishwashing liquid when washing dishes to help flush sewer hose since you pull the grey last.
Thank you Rooster. Was looking for your advice.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:44 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

In my '04 Tradition I simply capped the 10 ft hose and coiled it up in the bottom of the pan of the wet bay. The fresh water hoses went into the adjacent basement bay. I kept an extension sewer hose in a closed plastic container in that same bay, but you may prefer to keep them elsewhere.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 12:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
In my '04 Tradition I simply capped the 10 ft hose and coiled it up in the bottom of the pan of the wet bay. The fresh water hoses went into the adjacent basement bay. I kept an extension sewer hose in a closed plastic container in that same bay, but you may prefer to keep them elsewhere.
This is how I store mine too.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:01 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by surelink View Post
Ditto.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 05:03 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thank you everyone for the feedback on where to store the sewer hose. I appreciate the feedback very much. Happy Easter.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:18 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Thank you Gary for the suggestion. Funny, with this Revolution we picked up this past fall, it has 2x the storage underneath than our Bounder 35B had and I am noticing my Mrs Stonehands has filled up most of it.

Old 04-14-2020, 02:19 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by surelink View Post
Thank you surelink.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:22 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sewer hose storage.

I think I have it figured out and I will try it out this weekend and send pics if it fits.

I think I can mount the 94" sewer storage tube with caps of course from side to side on the inside of one of my storage bins. I think I can mount it in the top of the storage bay and not lose any room on the slide out trays. I am dry fitting it this weekend and will post pics if it fits OK.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:41 PM   #13

On my old gasser I mounted a pvc fence post along the rear and slide a piece of gutter inside the post with the slinky in the gutter. Worked great. I will be looking to do the same up high in one of the pass thru storage bays. For now the slinky is in a bag stored in a drivers side bay to the rear of the battery compartment. Looking forward to seeing your pics. Also, does your door grab handle light up?
Old 04-14-2020, 08:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgman50 View Post
On my old gasser I mounted a pvc fence post along the rear and slide a piece of gutter inside the post with the slinky in the gutter. Worked great. I will be looking to do the same up high in one of the pass thru storage bays. For now the slinky is in a bag stored in a drivers side bay to the rear of the battery compartment. Looking forward to seeing your pics. Also, does your door grab handle light up?
Mine does with the porch light on

Tags
revolution, storage