Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2021, 05:51 PM   #43

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesMH View Post
Seriously! We did two giant loads at the same time in the park laundromat today. $7 and done in an hour.
Might work in a small RV park. How many times have you had to clean a machine to do laundry? Ever travel to an area with major construction going or oil fields? Many of the workers stay in RV's a travel for work, machines will be trashed. Pull into a new town and Google laundry to find one, get there and realize you should be in an armored car?? I spend the grand for a machine and laundry's free when I saved that not doing the laundromat.

When I drove truck I got done in under an hour, everything in one load. In the RV we have better cloths and do, whites, jeans, colors, bedding and maybe the dogs bedding if it's been awhile.

When your done you have clean cloths, I have a piece of equipment. How much will laundry cost you in the next 5 years?
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2021, 06:01 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sometimes going down the road the MH starts vibrating and then I know she's doing laundry and the spin dry just started up.
Yup, she does laundry going down the highway.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 06:01 PM   #45

We had a Splendide combo unit in our 2007 Ellipse. It worked great.
We have stacked units Splendide in our new 2020 Horizon.
The nice thing about the stacked units is you can wash in one while you dry in the other.
Otherwise they both are great.
I didn’t the difference until we got he stacked units.
If you have room for just the combo unit I say get it.
It’s easy to winterize too, pretty simple instructions

It’s nice to have a washer/dryer because you can easily wash something. You want to wear. Also, near the end of our trips the wife does a lot of the laundry before we head home.
One other thing, I hope you put in the back because they are a bit noisey. Keep you Grey water open when you wash, it uses lots of water.
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 06:27 PM   #46

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
We have been full time for almost 8 years now with the Splindide 2100XC which is the vented model and would not be without it. The loads are small compared to a regular size home unit. Read the instruction manual and follow it with out fail and it works.

The folks that bad mouth the combos have never had one and are parroting someone else's opinion. Most of the issues come from not following the instructions.

What my wife loves is you put in clothes that are dry and dirty and you come back to load that is clean and dry. You don't have to be there to move the load from the washer to the drier.

Ken
We also have the Splendide 2100XC and love it. Until this year we were still working so long weekends and week long trips were easy to do without doing any wash. But now we’re retired and purchased our 2020 FR3 30D with the washer/dryer combo. We just returned from an eight week trip to Texas and Florida. Having the washer/dryer combo on a trip that long makes doing laundry a breeze. The loads are small and it took a couple weeks to get onto a schedule of doing small loads every day or so. Load the unit with dirty clothes and head of to the beach or whatever and when you get back the load is dry. We’ve used the campground laundromats in the past and find this to be much more convenient.
“Don’t take life too seriously...Nobody gets out alive anyway”
rickemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 07:28 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbircky View Post
I have the stackable. Not sure if you can do the same with a combo, but putting a towel in the dryer before taking a shower......mmm warm towel
Oh wow! My washer/dryer is right next to the shower. I had not thought about this. Oh yeah . . .

Thanks for the tip!
Mac_in_VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 07:31 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by fagnaml View Post
Mac --

As you seen the responses to your question is "must have" or "don't need" a washer/dryer. My previous RVs, a travel trailer followed by our first ever motorhome, did not have a washer/dryer and if we needed to wash clothes we used the RV parks laundry. As with all public laundries, the quality and cleanliness of the washers and dryers and the laundry room itself are sometimes questionable.

Our current motorhome came equipped with stacked Whirpool Dryer and Washer --> https://www.camperid.com/whirlpool/a...romBrandPage=1 My wife loves the convenience of having them in the motorhome compared to using a laundry room and wonders how she got along without them in our previous RVs.

For the new Bounder you are considering, I'd suggest purchasing the Bounder without a washer/dryer and learn if you are OK with doing laundry in an RV park's laundry room. You can always add a washer/dryer later if you decide laundry rooms are too much of a hassle.
I was surprised that my 35P comes standard with a Whirpool stackable washer/dryer. So, when we decided to move to that model, the decision was already made for me. I am so happy that it will have one . . .and vented!
Old 02-09-2021, 07:38 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Ours is stackable, and I know that's not an option, but combo is better than none, by far. One thing to remember: don't treat laundry like you did when you lived in your S&B house all those years. Do a load EVERY day; if you let it go (with a family of four) it will indeed take you all day to catch up.

Did you order your 33C yet?
Hey Timmy,

The 33C fell through as they said that it was spoken for and they did not realize it. I suspect someone must have offered more money. But, I found a great 35P in Fort Myers. It comes with a stackable and vented Whirlpool washer/dryer. So the decision was made for me. I am so happy. This model has opposing slides which makes the MH feel a lot better. Hubby likes that the tank is right below the toilet so no macerator, one less thing that could break. And, I get a huge close, and pantry space. Total of 8 (or is it 10) seatbelts, so my kids could take their friends. The 8 foot couch is great and turns into two side by side full (almost) beds. I think losing the 33C might have been a blessing.
Old 02-09-2021, 07:39 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_in_VA View Post
Thanks for the tip. I had not thought about an iron. Anything light an compact to iron on that you can recommend?
Never mind. Found small hand steamer from Costco.
Old 02-09-2021, 07:42 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
Sometimes going down the road the MH starts vibrating and then I know she's doing laundry and the spin dry just started up.
You can do laundry while driving? OH MY LORD, you've just expanded my world ! ! ! !
Old 02-09-2021, 08:20 PM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here’s our iron.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5244.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	375.9 KB
ID:	317655
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 09:15 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
All in One

We have an LG ventless and really like it. Put the cloths in when we go to bed and out in the morning. The only problem we have had and still do is that it will not fold the cloths when they are dry.
goldwingerx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 11:04 PM   #54
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Hey Timmy,

The 33C fell through as they said that it was spoken for and they did not realize it. I suspect someone must have offered more money. But, I found a great 35P in Fort Myers. It comes with a stackable and vented Whirlpool washer/dryer. So the decision was made for me. I am so happy. This model has opposing slides which makes the MH feel a lot better. Hubby likes that the tank is right below the toilet so no macerator, one less thing that could break. And, I get a huge close, and pantry space. Total of 8 (or is it 10) seatbelts, so my kids could take their friends. The 8 foot couch is great and turns into two side by side full (almost) beds. I think losing the 33C might have been a blessing.
You will like the opposing slides. Our 34T has them and when we have our four grandkids 5-15 years old it is a little cramped at times but doable. Another thing when times you need to stop for a meal break and only have a small area to park you can crowd one side of the parking spot and put out one slide and make do.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:57 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
I know right! First time it happened to me I thought I lost a balancing weight from a tire or something.
meebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 08:00 AM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
You can do laundry while driving? OH MY LORD, you've just expanded my world ! ! ! !
You need to have the gray tank empty, the water tank not full, but with enough water to do the job, and the genset running. We usually are running the genset anyway for the AC or heat. Almost always have it running on the road.

We have the Splindide and it works well for us.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote