Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2019, 06:33 PM   #1

Shower Drain Issue

I am having an issue with our shower draining.....the grey water was drained (tank level showed E, and NO more was seen draining when dumped). Went to take a shower and it backed up...must be a blockage somewhere in the shower plumbing only as all other components that empty to the grey tank do their job as designed. I have poured Liquid Plummer and it is draining a bit better, but not like it should/used to. Has anyone run into this issue? What did you do? I am guessing I may need to go to HD and get one of those drain 'snake' thingys. We have done the baking soda and vinegar thing quite regularly..... We are full timers so the shower is used on a regular basis.
16bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2019, 07:51 PM   #2

Probably caused by hair blocking the drain - go to ACE Hdw or Lowes, etc and buy a plastic, flexible tool with barbs on it -

Run it down the shower drain - when you pull it up, you will be surprised what it catches !! Tool is about $3-4. Advise on results --
zorro2kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:57 PM   #3
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
These work fairly well for the hair. https://smile.amazon.com/Vastar-Drai..._ob_title_defe

They are sharp so don't hook yourself on them. They are a little wide to get past the strainer as it has the cross arms in the drain. I cut one side back and still worked good.

Had something simpler as your situation and it is looking like an air admittance valve giving me problems.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:09 PM   #4

I was having the same problem and bought one of those flex tools. You'd be surprised at how a small clump of hair will slow or stop a drain. I usually have to clean the drain a couple of times a week.
Patrick 8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 07:11 PM   #5

Nope, not a problem. I am full time in mine too since July 2017. But I do have short hair - 2.5 at Great Clips
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 09:58 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I keep a drain screen in tub at home; amazing how much it collects in one of MY showers (vs wife) ; MUCH easier to clean screen than drain pipe... and as I age and change various meds, things happen worse :-(.. but YES, the ZIP tool works on tubs and sinks, and shop-vac pulled a hair clog as big as my forearm before the screen... which is why I now religiously use the screen.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:53 PM   #7

Shower drain issues

I had the same shower drainage problem after driving an extremely curvy road in Oregon. I tried a plunger and a coat hanger thinking something was clogging it.. nothing in there. What was odd was if I opened the gray tank and used the shower it drained fine. I have a 2017 pace arrow 38k and the shower is on the full wall slide side. After speaking to a friend of mine about the issue, he told me to open and close the full wall slide since the shower drain uses a “flexible drain hose” sometimes call a “ spa hose”. He told me sometimes the hose kinks while driving. Sounded odd to me but I tried it and it solved the drain problems. Worth a try on your coach.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:11 AM   #8

I bet its hair in the drain.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:06 AM   #9

I had the same problem in my Bounder.. the drain would back up,.. so I went to Walmart and bought the plastic drain cleaners... and removed enough hair to gag someone...

I had hoped that the consignment company would have paid for a better detail on it.. but nooooooo...

Now it drains very nice...

Tags
shower