Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Slide seal torn 2000 Storm

Hello, I have a 2000 Fleetwood Storm model which has the couch & dinnet slide seal that has torn. I have to use a broom handel to keep it from tearing up more when my wife put's the slide out. Is this an easy DIY fix or how much do you think it will cost. I still need to get 6 tires .

Thanks for any helpful advise.

Alan
AlanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanTerry View Post
Hello, I have a 2000 Fleetwood Storm model which has the couch & dinnet slide seal that has torn. I have to use a broom handel to keep it from tearing up more when my wife put's the slide out. Is this an easy DIY fix or how much do you think it will cost. I still need to get 6 tires .

Thanks for any helpful advise.

Alan
Replacement seals are available on the internet:

Uni-Grip Inc.
Slide Out Components and Slide Out Seal

are a couple sources. Wish I could help regarding the replacement but I have not had to do them with my MH. But it is something that I would not be afraid to tackle. Make sure you have the old seal completely removed and all the old adhesive completely cleaned off the surface before mounting the new seals. They might direct you to use a primer on the surface before gluing the replacement seals into place.
Mojavian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the information. I will check them out.

Alan
Old 04-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #4

I've replaced the seals on both slides in our old motor home (actually replaced one of them twice after raccoons decided to chew up the new gasket shortly after I installed it). Ordered from Uni-Grip.

Not the easiest job I've ever done but not something you can't do yourself.

2017 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
I've replaced the seals on both slides in our old motor home (actually replaced one of them twice after raccoons decided to chew up the new gasket shortly after I installed it). Ordered from Uni-Grip.

Not the easiest job I've ever done but not something you can't do yourself.
Thanks for the info. do they also give intal advise with the material. And did you have to take your slide out to do it.

Thanks,
Alan
Old 04-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seal, slide