Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #1

Slideout issue

I own a 2011 Expedition 36M with 4 slides. The bedroom street side slide which contains the dresser does not seal along the bottom when extended. There are two external drive tracks which push the rubber flap away from the bottom of the slide and you can see light and feel air flow when inside the coach. You can see this along the side of the slide where it contacts the floor. Does anyone else have this issue?

I called FW and sent them pics and they were unable to assist me except to tell me to take it to a dealer. This is not unreasonable as I am having trouble explaining it even here. However, I would like to be able to avoid a trip and leaving the coach if I can fix this myself.

Any suggestions???
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2014, 01:18 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRR2EYW View Post
I own a 2011 Expedition 36M with 4 slides. The bedroom street side slide which contains the dresser does not seal along the bottom when extended. There are two external drive tracks which push the rubber flap away from the bottom of the slide and you can see light and feel air flow when inside the coach. You can see this along the side of the slide where it contacts the floor. Does anyone else have this issue?

I called FW and sent them pics and they were unable to assist me except to tell me to take it to a dealer. This is not unreasonable as I am having trouble explaining it even here. However, I would like to be able to avoid a trip and leaving the coach if I can fix this myself.

Any suggestions???
Pictures?
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:43 PM   #3

Technically there is no really seal on the floor if you raise the carpet up on mine you can see out. One of these days I going to put a rubber strip on the outside to try to make a air blocker.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:48 PM   #4

I have the same issues with my front two slides in the living area. It has always bothered me but I have not looked into it to much. Let me know what you find out on fix.

Mike Gosselin
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 39S
mgosselin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:39 AM   #5
Community Administrator

I would suggest emailing Power Gear those photos . They respond quickly and may have a solution. Their address is info@powergearus.com

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:24 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Something to add to our list. We are looking very hard at the Fleetwood Excursion.

THANKS
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #7

My bed slide has a rubber strip on the outside from one end to the other that seals some what. My main slide needs one should nt be a big deal just finding the time.

Tags
slide, slideout