RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2018, 11:20 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbmrm View Post
Interesting SarahW. Mine have been on for over a year and still look brand new. Hopefully that is a one-off issue and not a sign of a larger problem.
I think the guy with the problem didn't follow the installation instructions. Apparently he used something other than the dish soap to lubricate the pads when installing them. Hopefully that is an isolated incident.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2019, 12:36 AM   #16

Snap Pads for a 2019 Fleetwood Bounder 35P?

Ordered and received our Snap Pads.

Holy Moly! The pads are large and will add about 50lbs to the coach. But if they are as good as everyone is saying, they are well worth the cost and the added weight.

We will be installing them this Sunday and then will play a bit with leveling the coach.

Can't wait. We are like kids in a candy store with each new thing we end up buying for the motor home.

RoadTripN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 09:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTripN View Post
Ordered and received our Snap Pads.

Holy Moly! The pads are large and will add about 50lbs to the coach. But if they are as good as everyone is saying, they are well worth the cost and the added weight.

We will be installing them this Sunday and then will play a bit with leveling the coach.

Can't wait. We are like kids in a candy store with each new thing we end up buying for the motor home.
Installed the Snap Pads today and they went on like a.... snap! Added a bit of dish soap to them, hubby was under the coach while I operated the leveler system. Pads are on and he came out from under the coach unscathed. Can't ask for a better outcome.

We have the Prime set.

RoadTripN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 09:58 PM   #18

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by chindog View Post
Pie are round, cornbread are square. Heh heh. I installed the Snap Pad Primes on my Discovery a little over a year ago. I'm very pleased with them, and haven't had any issues.
My cornbread are round (cooked in a cast iron skillet).
Old 09-22-2019, 11:13 PM   #19
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
And do they have a drain hole in the bottom so that when water gets in the jack pad doesn't stay wet? I'm clueless so help me out here.
My Lippert jack feet are held on with a bolt up the center. My SnapPads have a hole in the center of the bottom to access that bolt so it doubles as a drain hole. Their instructions recommend toy coat your jack feet with FlexSeal before applying the SnapPads.

Ray
Old 09-22-2019, 11:17 PM   #20
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
My one concern is how low the jacks are in the front while under way. I have scraped the ground once going over a unlevel drive entrance. Not sure what would happen if the scraped when the Pads were on.
If the jacks are very close to the axles as mine are, then the jack feet will track vertically with the tires.

Ray
Old 09-27-2019, 12:57 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Have a 2005 Pace Arrow 36d....just put snap pads on 3 weeks ago....used liquid soap around the edges...worked like a charm and they are great....and if am on real rough terrain I still use 2Ft sections of 2x12's for a base....very satisfied so far!!!
mikecav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 03:12 PM   #22

Just ordered ours today direct from mfg. you can save $10 by filling out order and then leaving site before completing order. Next morning a received an email where They sent a $10 discount if I completed order within 24 hours which we did.

Enjoy the journey
Old 09-30-2019, 08:45 AM   #23
CLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
I have been tossing around the idea of getting the Snap Pads Prime for the Bounder. There is currently a 10% sale.
Wondering if anyone has installed them on a newer Bounder. My one concern is how low the jacks are in the front while under way. I have scraped the ground once going over a unlevel drive entrance. Not sure what would happen if the scraped when the Pads were on.
Thoughts?
We installed them and Love them. I know it looks low but you are good. Have not lost or hit anything with mine in the last 5 months of travelling. No more getting down and putting 12 x 12 under the jacks.
BOA #6616 Sunshine Roos
CLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:03 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale & Mark Bruss View Post
We forget High School geometry and area is Pie R squared.
From the pictures I see of the pads they are not circular but octagonal. Area calculation is different. Unfortunately the RV SnapPad site lists "total diameter" as a spec which makes it unclear how to interpret the dimensions. Is that the diameter of a circle equal in area to the octagon, the length between opposite corners of the octagon, or between opposite sides?

Can someone who owns the Prime pads measure one side and post it?

I think the 326% area increase is the total for 4 pads.
vagaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:07 AM   #25

Come to think of it totalling area increase that way would be bogus. Who knows what they mean
vagaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:21 AM   #26

I don't have a Bounder but my jack's feet are 9 in in diameter or 63.6 sqin. The Snap Pads are just over 5 inches on a side. A=2(1+sqrt2)a^2 or 120.5 sqin. Looks to me as about a 90% increase in area.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:19 AM   #27

SnapPad Prime surface area calculation

Hi All,

Happy to clarify how we calculate our surface area % increase.

With all of our calculations we're specifically looking at the area of the landing foot which contacts the ground.

Attached is a picture of a cross section of a Power Gear landing foot.
As you can see there is a significant lip and bowl where it's bolted to the cylinder. So we started by calculating the inside and outside diameter of the section which contacts the ground.

Foot surface area:

OD = 57.47 sq/in
ID = 23.22 sq/in
Total area that contacts the ground = 34.25 sq/in

Then we calculated the surface area of the SnapPad Prime pad which contacts the ground (minus the 2" bolt access hole in the middle)

Prime surface area:
Octagon with a diameter of 13.25in (flat side to flat side) - bolt hole access = 142.3 sq/in

Surface area increase: 142.3 - 34.25 =108.05 sq/in

Then we compare that to the original surface area that contacts the ground
108.05 / 34.25 = 3.1547 x 100 = 315.5%

Hope that helps. If interested you can view the rest SnapPad surface area increases here.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions
Attached Images

RV SnapPad is offline   Reply With Quote