Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2018, 11:42 AM   #141
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFfiredawg View Post
Couch is in and seat belts worked fine!Attachment 147148Attachment 147149Attachment 147150
Turned out great; did you remove the dinette? Pics, please.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2018, 11:47 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Turned out great; did you remove the dinette? Pics, please.

Yes we had the factory replace the booth with the credenza table and chairs...it’s the same one offered stock...unfortunately the app won’t let load a photo for some reason...
Old 07-04-2018, 12:20 PM   #143
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFfiredawg View Post
Yes we had the factory replace the booth with the credenza table and chairs...it’s the same one offered stock...unfortunately the app won’t let load a photo for some reason...
Dang. I wanna see!! Do you secure the chairs while traveling or do they stay in place pretty well?
Old 07-04-2018, 12:30 PM   #144

Quote:
Dang. I wanna see!! Do you secure the chairs while traveling or do they stay in place pretty well?

They stay in place fine but they have a strap that can secure them to the cabinet...
Old 07-07-2018, 09:06 AM   #145

Quote:
I have not had any problems with the chairs moving at all underway. I have a good 6k miles since the replacement.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:13 AM   #146
Moderator Emeritus

That's good to know, thanks.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:29 PM   #147

We just took delivery of a Home Reserve sectional sofa, which comes unassembled. It's not in the RV yet, but we've been putting the frames together in our home. It's kind of like putting together a jigsaw puzzle, but bigger. Excellent instructions, and the individual section frames will fit through the RV door. We'll put up pictures (and eventually a video) when we are done.
MilesAndSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:36 PM   #148
ksw

My hubby just replaced our new 28BH 2017 Jayco couch with two recliners. Wonderful!!!! Was a breeze. Only had 62" and the recliners took 60". Fit perfect.
ksw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:02 PM   #149
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesAndSmiles View Post
We just took delivery of a Home Reserve sectional sofa, which comes unassembled. It's not in the RV yet, but we've been putting the frames together in our home. It's kind of like putting together a jigsaw puzzle, but bigger. Excellent instructions, and the individual section frames will fit through the RV door. We'll put up pictures (and eventually a video) when we are done.
How exciting! I can't wait to see the photos.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:03 PM   #150
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksw View Post
My hubby just replaced our new 28BH 2017 Jayco couch with two recliners. Wonderful!!!! Was a breeze. Only had 62" and the recliners took 60". Fit perfect.
Comfy seating sure makes a difference. Can you post pics of your new setup?
Old 07-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #151

Quote:
Did you get the dinette booth replaced? We are considering that next.
REV said a credenza would be $8,500 - we respectfully declined!! We'll be at the factory for other stuff on Monday and will check out the local cottage industries serving RV folks. Failing that, we'll talk to a local cabinet maker when we get home a few weeks later.
houstonkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:56 PM   #152
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonkiwi View Post
REV said a credenza would be $8,500 - we respectfully declined!! We'll be at the factory for other stuff on Monday and will check out the local cottage industries serving RV folks. Failing that, we'll talk to a local cabinet maker when we get home a few weeks later.
Be sure to post pictures of your remodel!
Old 07-12-2018, 09:05 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonkiwi View Post

Yeah their pricing is outrageous...another option is you could just buy the countertops from them and build it to match...
Old 07-23-2018, 10:42 AM   #154

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to DonBauer
We are next - Bye Bye Flex Steel L - SOFA!

Quote:
Comfy seating sure makes a difference. Can you post pics of your new setup?
Wife and I were camping this weekend and got rained in.. Decided to watch a move on "the couch".. Made it about 60 minutes and we were both complaining of our behinds HURTING! Wife said, we need to get that replacement couch ASAP!

We have a long trip planed to Niagara this September and want to get it switched before then.

So, we are next! Just ordered our Pinnacle Sofa - Wayfair has them in stock! Lazy boy said 6-8wks...

I have read through everything and have a couple of questions:

1. You (SarahW) mentioned that you did not bolt down your sofa - has that changed? Has it stayed put in your travels?

2. The window treatments need to be shortened?? I did not see anyone's photos and was wondering if there were any tricks to share regarding that exercise?? We bought new and this is our first interior mod (added Banks power, and I did ran some cables for satellite / cable)..

Regards
DonBauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, sofa, replacement