Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Oh believe me, I'll get it out. It might look like a pile of imitation leather, plywood and mangled steel...but it's going OUT.

I just don't see what good it will do to know that they installed the furniture before putting the door frame in place, or putting the slide in. We are not going to remove the door frame, the windshield or the slide.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Here's a pic of the underside. The frame is WELDED everywhere except where plywood attaches...and most of that is covered by upholstery.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, Cliff...just for YOU. I called FW and they said the furniture is installed before the front cap is put on. We will not be removing the front cap.

I am now calling Flexsteel before we fire up Mr. Sawsall.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

And the answer from Flexsteel is... "Sorry." Guess we're going to have to destroy the sofa to get it out.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #19
Community Administrator

I'm honored. No no front cap removal . At least you don't have to assume anymore. You know what happens when we do that. Good luck with Flex-steel.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
And the answer from Flexsteel is... "Sorry." Guess we're going to have to destroy the sofa to get it out.
Video at 11:00

Old 06-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Video at 11:00

That's gotta be frustrating. I feel for you. When the time comes to sell, keep your LZB & go get a $200 couch from Big Lots to put in the space.

Note to self: Learn from Sarah. Next coach cannot & will not have a sofa with a curved corner section.....PERIOD.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post

That's gotta be frustrating. I feel for you. When the time comes to sell, keep your LZB & go get a $200 couch from Big Lots to put in the space.

Note to self: Learn from Sarah. Next coach cannot & will not have a sofa with a curved corner section.....PERIOD.

Lori-
This has been a real lesson for us, too. I told Fleetwood CS and Flexsteel CS that they need to make this stuff more end-user friendly. So frustrating to have to RUIN an expensive (yet worthless) couch. I mentioned to Fleetwood that they need to put REAL information in their brochures instead of that "30" DOORWAY!!!" bull. She said, "oh, that's the rough opening without the frame." DUH. Why do I care about that??????

And thanks for the $200 Big Lots idea.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

OK, everyone can sleep well tonight... the Flexsteel nightmare is OVER. My hubby and son had to remove some of the upholstery and plywood from that section of the sofa. Then they were able to unfasten one side of the door strut, and also removed the screen door. It was a tight fit but do-able. Mr. Sawsall was not required after all.

Everyday with an RV is like school...there is ALWAYS something new to learn.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #24
Community Administrator

Yea.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #25

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
wish I saw this thread sooner. I was on the road. I take this stuff in and out all the time.
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Ekberg View Post
wish I saw this thread sooner. I was on the road. I take this stuff in and out all the time.
Don't make me punch you in the nose, Ernie!!!! Not after the day I've had!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

And here's what is behind the couch. Good job, Fleetwood!! Looks first class!!! (This is why 2 recliners wasn't a good idea for our coach.)

Old 06-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #28

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
Sarah- I feel your pain. I have had this Travel Supreme here waiting on me to work my magic and I couldn't figure out how to get the sofa smaller to get it to the upholsterer. Finally- figured it out. Sometimes I'm thinking that the manufacturers who design these things just like putting a monkey in there so they think you can't figure how to remove an item. Surprise- I did it. Now- I hope this old brain can figure out how to pout it back together when they put new fabric on it.
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, sofa, replacement