Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #1

solar panel battery charger

I have a 2000 Bounder 36s with a 5 watt solar panel mounted on the front airconditioner cover. I have replaced it with a like unit and I replaced the led monitor mounted inside the MH located on the return air grill. My problem is I cannot locate where the yellow and black wires go that the monitor is connected to. I checked house batteries and motor battery and they do not end up there. Could they be connected in the 12 v panel located above the fridge? They are not connectecd to the converter either.

Does anyone know? I would appreciate all comments.
HARDY212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2011, 04:18 PM   #2

The solar panel output goes to a 3 amp fuse in your Batter Control Center. The fuse is clearly marked on the circuit board.

Richard
House Husband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDY212 View Post
I have a 2000 Bounder 36s with a 5 watt solar panel mounted on the front airconditioner cover. I have replaced it with a like unit and I replaced the led monitor mounted inside the MH located on the return air grill. My problem is I cannot locate where the yellow and black wires go that the monitor is connected to. I checked house batteries and motor battery and they do not end up there. Could they be connected in the 12 v panel located above the fridge? They are not connectecd to the converter either.

Does anyone know? I would appreciate all comments.
I have a 2002 Bounder 36U and want to replace my 5W solar panel also. Did you find one that uses the existing mounts? Where did you get it?
Thanks;
Helmut
Old 08-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #4

Hi Helmut, I purchased a 9.75"x9.38"x1.31" solar panel a vender in Florida. The sales person I dealt with is Josie and can be reached at 041-209-1419. Cost $65 total to ship to Beaumont tx. My orig mount was wire mount with feet attaching to the four corners of the AC cover. I used two strips of metal underneath the wire mount drilled holes to match the ones ine the panel and used screws to to anchor the panel to the mount.
HARDY212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #5

Hardy212

Margaret - She who must be obeyed.
Tincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #6

Hardy212 (Take two)

I hit the enter button on the first post in error

As mentioned by rls7201 it goes to the battery control center, mine is above the propane tank. However, 5 watts equates to .4 amps (A = W/V) on a sunny day, not much use to your batteries.

Margaret - She who must be obeyed.
Tincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDY212 View Post
Hi Helmut, I purchased a 9.75"x9.38"x1.31" solar panel a vender in Florida. The sales person I dealt with is Josie and can be reached at 041-209-1419. Cost $65 total to ship to Beaumont tx. My orig mount was wire mount with feet attaching to the four corners of the AC cover. I used two strips of metal underneath the wire mount drilled holes to match the ones ine the panel and used screws to to anchor the panel to the mount.
Thanks HARDY212. Yeah, I thought I might have to make up some brackets to still use the original mount. I may call Fleetwood and see if the solar panel is still available through them and what it costs.
I know the panel only trickle charges the engine battery but I leave some accessories plugged into the dash 12v receptacles when dry camping and figure any little bit of charging can only help.
Happy Camping!
Helmut

Tags
battery, solar