Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #1

Post Sound System

My wife and I recently purchased a 2003 Fleetwood Bounder 35R.
The coach is in great shape with only 15,000 miles. There is no sound system entertainment unit. I have had trailers and fifth wheels, and they all had a radio/cd/dvd player that also acted as the control centre to operate the TV. Is it missing, or do motorhomes not come with this device? This is our first coach.
Bruceeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #2

Haven't seen one without one. Previous owner probably took it out to use at his stick house.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to find one on the internet. Not sure what to ask for. Make, model, etc.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #4

I would think there should be speakers (at least 4) through out the coach if there was a system.

Stano
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We are currently installing a new system in the 82 Pace. We tried a
BOSS DVD/multimedia car stereo with a flip out 7" screen. I had to cut/inlarge the metal on the dash where the old one was. (used my Dremel sp) But the screen hits the dash so we are returning it and reordered a Pioneer iPod/iPhone/CD/MP3 car stereo with Bluetooth that will still fit the enlarged hole. We also replaced the original 4, 4.5" speakers with 4 new 6.5" Boss speakers with 400 watts. Quite a improvement from the original system can't wait to crank her up.
I think you will be happier with a new system that you buy than the old system. Let us know what u pick up too install.
Tim,
HappyTurkey day.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Like Stano mentioned about the speakers, if you do have some there is or was a stereo at one time. I recently purchased a 98 Pace Arrow that I had wondered why it didn't have a stereo. Then it dawned on me that the in dash radio was it, duh! CD players and the works, a nice Pioneer system. Works through all speakers!

If you don't have one some of the stereo shop will certainly be able to fix you up, those guys do wonders.

Happy Thanksgiving.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #7

My stereo is in the main dash and can be used as multimedia unit and will play DVDs back to a TV elsewhere. I have two used units for sale in the classified section, check them out. One has Navigation and both can support 3 cameras.
Randog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #8

Home theatre

I just checked with Fleetwood, gave them my FIN#, and was told that a Home Theatre unit was never installed in the coach. So basically, I'm starting from scratch. And I don't think that is a bad thing!
I will search for a 3rd party system and go from there.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
We are currently installing a new system in the 82 Pace. We tried a
BOSS DVD/multimedia car stereo with a flip out 7" screen. I had to cut/inlarge the metal on the dash where the old one was. (used my Dremel sp) But the screen hits the dash so we are returning it and reordered a Pioneer iPod/iPhone/CD/MP3 car stereo with Bluetooth that will still fit the enlarged hole. We also replaced the original 4, 4.5" speakers with 4 new 6.5" Boss speakers with 400 watts. Quite a improvement from the original system can't wait to crank her up.
I think you will be happier with a new system that you buy than the old system. Let us know what u pick up too install.
Tim,
HappyTurkey day.
We have been waiting for the new one (a few mix ups) and now when I check the progress nothing has happened. Called them several times and they tell me they have the order. Customer Service Xucks.
I am glad I wasn't planning on heading so till Jan!!!!I will think twice before using them again.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceeb View Post
I just checked with Fleetwood, gave them my FIN#, and was told that a Home Theatre unit was never installed in the coach. So basically, I'm starting from scratch. And I don't think that is a bad thing!
Actually it is a good thing. Many stock systems are pretty basic and so people up grade all the time. You get to pick from a wide range of very up to date systems to your liking in every price point. Running speaker wires would probably be the most irksome task but there is an abundance of wifi and Bluetooth stuff out that really does the job. Choose wisely and Have fun.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceeb View Post
A good Sound Center with installation dept should be able to fix you up with an awesome system if you are not a "do-it-yourselfer". now with the new wireless componets combinations can be mind boggling.

My dash cd/radio can tie in to Sony Sound system in entertainment center at center of couch if desired and when traveling uses same speakers as Sony.

Love good sound. Good luck. b
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
How about a sound bar? Like they say wiring is going to be a crap shoot, I have tried wireless but mine were iffie @ best. I have a Yamaha in the 82 for the TV works great. I have to set up and take down as they both fit on the doghouse.Then we are going to put a Yamaha sub-woofer in the passengers side floor it almost fits under the dash and still plenty of leg room. Unbelievable sound especially for movies. Still waiting for the Pioneer Receiver/CD for the dash, maybe today or tomorrow or so the tracking says.
Let us know what you get. Nice Christmas gift for you and the Mrs's.
Merry Christmas, Tim