Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2017, 07:40 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to andrewsilver Send a message via MSN to andrewsilver Send a message via Yahoo to andrewsilver Send a message via Skype™ to andrewsilver
Squeaking noises near passenger A-pillar - Fleetwood Storm

There was another thread on this but it was too old to reply.

We have a 2012 Fleetwood Storm 32BH. We have an annoying squeak coming from the passenger side A-pillar area up high near the top of the electric hide-a-bed assembly. It sounds like it's coming from behind the assembly but up high. It happens mostly on slightly bumpy roads and mostly when turning left at any speed.

I've tightened all the screws & nuts, and the chain for the bed mechanism is tight. I caulked the seams of the plastic cover over the bed mechanism where it touches the front plastic near the A-pillar. It might have helped a little but the squeak persists.

I've heard many people have this issue with Fleetwoods including not only Storms, but also Excursions, Bounders, Southwinds, etc. Other manufacturers have it too, but they seem to be more related to dash noises (often solved by properly securing the dash brackets). Our squeaks are coming from the top of the A-pillar on the passenger side.

Any suggestions welcome, thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2017, 09:13 PM   #2

My worst Fleetwood noise is from the side curtain tracks.
My loft bed is tight as a rock.
Hope you don't have a structural problem
Old 03-29-2017, 09:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsilver View Post
There was another thread on this but it was too old to reply.

We have a 2012 Fleetwood Storm 32BH. We have an annoying squeak coming from the passenger side A-pillar area up high near the top of the electric hide-a-bed assembly. It sounds like it's coming from behind the assembly but up high. It happens mostly on slightly bumpy roads and mostly when turning left at any speed.
Our bunk is pretty solid as well. We have a very annoying squeak coming from the passenger side dash along the sidewall that for the life of me I can't find. There's on on the driver's side, too, but in the corner somewhere to the front left of the driver. We also have one from the TV mount above the passenger seat, but we stuff a cloth dishrag into the squeak and it goes away.
ualdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:26 PM   #4

The chain for the hide-a-bed rattles in the track on our new storm.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:55 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I had same squeek on my terra and found :

1- the torque bar that runs across above windshield, on the pass side was hitting the cabinet, causing a squeek, almost all the time.
The squeek was also very obvious when putting the bed up or down, as the torque bar would spin, but was in contact with cabinet. I cut a 1/2" section out of cabinet on pass side, squeek went away.

2- I found while traveling the overhead bed would slowly creep down, maybe 1" or so from high stop,it would start squeeking and going over large bumps, sounded like there was movement up there, I drilled a 3/8" hole in track down at about seat headrest height,one on each side, put safety lock pins with 2" knob on each side, made sure bed was up 100% before drilling into track.The bed now since 2013 is quiet, all the time. Just have to remove pins before lowering bed.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:16 PM   #6
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
I found on mine that the self-tapping screws holding the bed frame to the lift were not really tight due to being over torqued. Replaced mine with bolt and nut. No if I could fix the dash seeks and rattles...

Tags
a-pillar, fleetwood, noise, squeak, squeaky, storm