RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2019, 08:13 PM   #1

Storage compartment lights?

What's the trick to get the lights the storage compartments in our 2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C to light? The switches in the compartments don't do anything-- perhaps there's some kind of toggle somewhere?
tymzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2019, 08:33 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I dont know your year specifically but, we had a 2016 Bounder and now a 2019 Southwind and both had a switch by the stairs and entry door that read "cargo lights" that button turns them all on and all off. I never touched the switches on the lights themselves, never needed to.

See picture below from our Bounder with red arrows pointing at switches.
Click on the picture to make it bigger!

Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9329.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	268874  
We RV'd ALL of the lower 48 states and into Canada
AZ RV'r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:43 PM   #3
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
IIRC, on our coach there is a switch on the dashboard that controls the compartment lights. Then, each light fixture has a switch on it as well.

We also changed the bulbs to LEDs. If the incandescent bulbs are left on for a long time the heat melts the fixture lens and could potentially start a fire.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 05:55 PM   #4

On my rig I have a utility light switch by the drivers seat. It powers three clear 12 volt lights, one under hood in front, one in wet bay and one at the rear just above radiator.
I have a switch by the entry door thats for the basement lights. Also, each of my basement lights have a switch on them.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ RV'r View Post
I dont know your year specifically but, we had a 2016 Bounder and now a 2019 Southwind and both had a switch by the stairs and entry door that read "cargo lights" that button turns them all on and all off. I never touched the switches on the lights themselves, never needed to.

Good Luck!
Aha--appears to be one of those situations where what I'm looking for is "hidden in plain site".

We're pretty snowed in at the moment but I did see that among all the switches just inside the door there's one labeled "Luggage compartment". Could have sworn I checked all those in the past.

The previous owner had replaced all of the lighting inside with LED bulbs, not sure whether those down there were replaced as well. Will check when we get thawed out a bit.

Thanks for the input!
tymzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:44 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
On our 2004 Bounder 35B,there is a switch by the door well for it. Ours is not marked but does have a light on it when on. Our storage bins have 12 volt incandescent bulbs.
Stonehands is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, storage