Systems Test Day
It is important from time to time to test and exercise all of the systems on our Coach. I do this several times per year. This is in addition to monthly generator exercise.
1. Water Pump test is also when I test all of the drains and fill traps. I also check the air pressure on our accumulator.
2. Vacuflush test. This includes ensuring that the system will hold a vacuum overnight. I also put Dawn Dish Soap through the system to break down any residue and lube the duck bills.
3. AGS Test. I have the Magnum with a built in test setting.
4. Water Heater test on both LP and Gas. I also inspect the fire box for any insect obstructions. Annually the plug gets pulled and I have a long hose attachment to remove sediment.
5. Furnace Test. This includes exhaust port inspection, and is a great chance to get any dust burn smell out of the way.
6. AC, Heat Pump and Electric Fireplace. I use these as loads during generator exercise.
7. Inverter/Converter. I store without shore power and use generator exercise to keep batteries up. From time time I plug in for 24 hours to make sure I get to a full charge. Inverter gets tested by powering up the Samsung Fridge and making sure it cools both compartments.
8. Leveling and Slides.
9. Power Shades
10. Power Awning.
11. Loft Bed up/down.
12. Steps test and lube.
13. Washer/dryer combo test load (small and short)
This week will be annual oil changes for chassis and generator, as well as fresh water system sanitizing. This when the new water filter goes in.
2016 Fleetwood Bounder 33C. Towing 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.