Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2014, 12:51 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thinking about new Fleetwood Bounder

We are considering the purchase of a new 2014 33C Bounder. We are new to RV and motor homes. Any advice on do and don't with dealer. Any review on The unit itself would also be appreciated

Thanks
Tedcesarano is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2014, 01:34 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Howdy and welcome to iRV2. We bought a 2012 33C a little over 2 years ago and have loved it. It was our first RV and is just the right size for us. We have had no problems with our Bounder and great customer service support from Fleetwood. (They have great phone customer service when we have questions.) We would definitely recommend the Bounder and any Fleetwood product.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:07 AM   #3

Welcome to the Forum! I have had four Fleetwoods and agree with Sarah. The customer support is fantastic. I strongly suggest you join the Fleetwood Motorhome Association, small dues with good return. The Rallys are great places to learn about your new mh and lifestyle.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:31 AM   #4
Community Administrator

X3 what Sarah said. Our Bounder was pretty much trouble free for the five years we had it.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:29 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you all for the responses.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:40 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Hi & & possibly the FW family as well.

Bounders are great RV's & a good bang for the buck. Of course, I'm a bit biased. Ours has been mostly trouble-free, it runs great & we intend to keep if for many more years.

Advice:
  • If it's dealer stock, go over every nook & cranny & put in writing anything you want fixed & have the salesman & dealership owner sign off they'll be fixed prior to you picking it up. No money exchanges hands & you don't drive off until you're satisfied.
  • Negotiate if you're going to do an extended warranty (on top of FW's warranty). Warranties are all profit to the dealer so don't be shy about haggling over their offer.
  • Make friends with the service mgr & techs. Those will be the people taking care of any issues & your service for years to come.....long after your salesman has moved on to greener pastures. I brought my crew a cake when they were able to get my coach in & at the head of the service line on short notice.
Let us know if you get it & post some pics.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #7

Welcome aboard,

We don't have a Bounder, our Expedition is a step up from the Bounders in its era, but everything that as been said about Fleetwood products and their quality and support are spot on.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:01 PM   #8

No bias here, I don't own a Bounder. BUT, I have never met a dissatisfied Bounder owner, which I think speaks volumes!

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:11 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Depreciation etc.

I wouldn't recommend a new motorhome to any first time buyer. What of you find out you don't like it?

First year depreciation is a real killer unless you plan on keeping it for a long time.

Any brand new coach will have issues. Some more than others. For a first time buyer those little issues will be very frustrating.

IMHO a used Bounder is the perfect 'starter coach'. Look in the classifieds section of this website. Last time I looked there was a real nice 38v for sale.

We're happy with ours.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #10

We bought a 1999 34J new. I hate it! Nothing has gone wrong with it in the last 14 years. It runs like a hose! A few rattles and clunks, but a perfect MH. I hate it because I don't have any excuse to tell the wife that we need a new one. Oh, well, maybe next year.....ha ha
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:10 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have had 3 rvs and our bounder is the best by far. Best customer service from fleetwood as well. Couldn't be happier …….well until I upgrade to a Fleetwood DP
Old 03-14-2014, 09:17 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ditto on all thats been said. We bought our 35K about 8 weeks ago and love it....both I AND the DW. That says a lot. We've had a few minor issues but really only one that will require a fix...bad icemaker. You won't go wrong with the Bounder or Fleetwood in our view!
Old 03-15-2014, 09:47 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks everyone! We did purchase a 2014 33C Bounder by Fleetwood. We should take delivery in a week. We are planning a "short" trip to check it out before attempting any "long"trips. Any advice on taking delivery at the dealer? We traded our travel trailer so we have everything in the way of equipment for the coach. Any equipment that you all would recommend as a "must"! Thanks again!
Old 03-15-2014, 09:56 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedcesarano View Post
Thanks everyone! We did purchase a 2014 33C Bounder by Fleetwood. We should take delivery in a week. We are planning a "short" trip to check it out before attempting any "long"trips. Any advice on taking delivery at the dealer? We traded our travel trailer so we have everything in the way of equipment for the coach. Any equipment that you all would recommend as a "must"! Thanks again!
Woo hoo!! Congrats, you are going to love the Bounder! I'd recommend getting a tire pressure monitor system (TPMS). A little spendy, but great for peace of mind.

Tags
fleetwood, bounder