Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Tilt-Up Instrument Panel or Not? '98 Pace Arrow

I have a 98 Pace Arrow and in the sales brochure it shows the tilt-up instrument panel as being standard equipment in this MH. This seems to be a common feature in quite a few MH in this time frame. I have read where many of the posters have this feature from 95-2006 or so. Underneath my dash I have the strap and rod that many of these also appear to have. I spoke with Fleetwood and was told that this year did not have that feature??. I certainly believe they know about there MH's more than I do. Any of you 98 Pace Arrow owner's have the tilt-up instrument panel. I have tried just about everything other than shear force for obvious reasons and it certainly will not come up. It appears to be fastened somewhere in the middle whereas both sides of this instrument panel are somewhat loose. Any helpful hints on what to try? Thanks for any help or suggestions you may have. I have attached a couple of pics of my instrument panel.

Everyone have nice day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2497.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	54207   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2498.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	54208  

98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well I guess I got it to tilt-up, just had to push the entire panel a little to the left as there was a piece of angle iron that locked the center portion of dash in place. Nothing really elaborate, just wanted update my post on my progress. I had tried several times over the past month or so. I've attached another post of my instrument panel in the up position, perhaps this will help someone else.

Now on to the next problem of troubleshooting my a/c heater control switch and no blower motor operation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2499.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	54213  
Old 01-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the update! Sounds like Fleetwood didn't know the correct answer this time. I'm sure your post and photos will help someone else in the future.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:30 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sarah, if all fairness to Fleetwood it would really be hard to be able to diagnose solutions every problem and to give everyone helpful hints on each camping unit. They certainly have been very responsive to my requests since I purchased our use 98 MH.

Everyone have nice evening.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #5
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
We had the lift up/tilt up dash on our previous mh, a 2005 Winnebago Voyage. It was nice to have and very convenient to get at things behind the dash. I do want to caution you to be careful when lifting/tilting as you can unplug wires and other connections behind the dash if to much lift is used. A wh service center did just that when replacing my actia speedo assembly and I ended up when numerous connections undone on the rear of the dash and several blown fuses when I picked it up. Went back in to the service mgr and told him several things where not working. He tried to say that it was a Winnebago problem not a wh one. It "was" fixed before I left after a discussion with the owner.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:30 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98FPA View Post
Sarah, if all fairness to Fleetwood it would really be hard to be able to diagnose solutions every problem and to give everyone helpful hints on each camping unit. They certainly have been very responsive to my requests since I purchased our use 98 MH.

Everyone have nice evening.
Oh, I totally agree. Fleetwood has excellent customer service and has been very responsive to me when I have called with questions.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yeah JC2, I appreciate the heads up on this because of your past experiences with a lift up dash. I can see where this would be entirely possible with anything that has the potential to be moved, this is something that I was also concerned about. Thanks again for your tip.

Tags
panel