Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #1

Hello,
I've got an 05 Discovery with Goodyear Unisteel RV 275/70R22.5 tires. The sticker in the cab says 90 psi all round. Sure enuf the goodyear chart indicates 90 when the math for the GAWR is devided out.

I have had 100 psi in all of them before I found this issue (Delivered like that...). 96 psi makes them look flat compared to 100. It runs smooth at 100 psi. Should i drop it to 90?

I will get it weighed but its packed lite and I expect it to still call for 90 psi.

What are you running...? Comments?

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #2

Hello,
I've got an 05 Discovery with Goodyear Unisteel RV 275/70R22.5 tires. The sticker in the cab says 90 psi all round. Sure enuf the goodyear chart indicates 90 when the math for the GAWR is devided out.

I have had 100 psi in all of them before I found this issue (Delivered like that...). 96 psi makes them look flat compared to 100. It runs smooth at 100 psi. Should i drop it to 90?

I will get it weighed but its packed lite and I expect it to still call for 90 psi.

What are you running...? Comments?

Thanks
Old 06-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #3

Your fine at 100#; it is recommended by many tire people to run 5-10 # over for safety factor i.e. pressure will vary for temperature,elevation and other reasons and its all ways good to be over rather tham under inflated. That said, the very best way is to have your vehicle weighed loaded on all four points and check against charts. See this site for more detailed information http://www.rvsafety.com/
Old 06-27-2007, 12:22 PM   #4

I have 06 Discovery with the same Goodyear size tires and agree with you on looking flat with the psi around 90. I put this same question on sereral forums and got just as many answers. I run mine at 100 psi (way under max) and have good tread wear and ride with over 6,000 miles so far. The Goodyear tire chart gives the best answer to our question, goes by the weight placed on each tire, so it's best to get you RV weighed. Happy RVing!

Larry & Darlene 06 39L DP

The tire chart is located at:

Http:goodyear.com/rv/pdf/rv/inflation.pdf

2006 Liberty Toad
Onthroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #5

I just rigged up 50' of coil hose and a dial inflator with bleed button to stow in the tool bin. Messing with it, I have all at 98 psi.

I'll get to a good scale and get some numbers to see how that stacks up loaded and wet.

Thanks,
Old 09-12-2007, 03:14 AM   #6

I have almost the same coach and my driver's placard says to run 90 PSI. I have found that my tire "footprint" is great at 100 PSI and the ride is good. At Camp Freightliner, I learned that my tires are well oversized for my coach weight.
w4phj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:04 AM   #7

The tire mfg has tire inflation charts posted on their websites.
I weighed my coach and found the proper inflation for the amount of weight that each tire was supporting. If nothing else, it gave me a warm and fuzzy.
Shorty
(I know...it's my 1st post...)

'98 Dutch Star DP, Spartan, Cummins
Aarrr is offline   Reply With Quote