Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2016, 06:42 PM   #1

Tire pressure Bounder 33C 22.5 inch wheels

The dealership put 80p..s.I. In tires. The specifications on cab wall say 90 p.s.I. cold pressure. I am probably at one third of maximum. Weight. Does anyone know what the good. Pressure should be? Going on long trip Saturday , new class a with Michelin xrv tires. Don't want to beat them up! Thanks much! Lou
Lizzythelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2016, 06:58 PM   #2

You need to weigh the coach at a truck scale facility to determine how much tire pressure is needed to support the weight on each axle --

There are numerous threads about this topic -

Michelin has a great website that can explain the issues involved -

This is an important aspect of the Motor Coach experience - get it right the first time !!
zorro2kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:57 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
FWIW, I run 90psi in all tires, even though the mfg sticker says 85.
Have fun on your trip.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:46 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
fwiw, mine vary from 75 to 85 depending on how im loaded on my 35k. After weighing it one time while I had my 20' enclosed trailer and full water i think the backend had to be bumped to 90 one time
Old 02-24-2016, 11:54 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The pressure given on the Federally required sticker is for the rig as loaded to it's capacity and is the safest to use if you haven't weighed it yet.
Although in our case County Coach says to run the sticker pressure all the time.
Quote:
Quote:
Country Coach Tire Inflation Policy
Tire Industry Changes
The tire industry, as a whole, has changed its traditional stance on adjusting cold tire inflation pressure for RV tires installed on recreational vehicles and buses. Previously, tire manufacturers supported a policy where tire inflation could be adjusted according to the actual loaded weight of the vehicle. Now, the major tire manufacturers recommend that medium duty truck tires be maintained at the pressure that corresponds to the Gross Axle Weight Rating for the axle to which they are mounted. To make this recommendation uniform across the industry, tire manufacturers strongly urge the consumer to keep all tires inflated to the pressures recorded on the Federal Tire Label.

Tire Inflation
Country Coach recommends that the cold tire inflation pressures should at all times be maintained at the inflation pressure(s) recorded on the Federal Tire Label. There are no acceptable circumstances where tire inflation pressure(s) should be reduced below that pressure recorded on the Federal Tire Label.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
The pressure given on the Federally required sticker is for the rig as loaded to it's capacity and is the safest to use if you haven't weighed it yet.
Although in our case County Coach says to run the sticker pressure all the time.
Hmmm, I have a 35K and the sticker shows max is 90psi. I looked at the Michelin website and it shows I should run at 75 based on my weight. In addition, 90 psi is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy over the weight allowed according to the Michelin inflation/weight guide.
Dealer delivered it with 90 and it drove horrible. 75 and it handles much better.
It bites that they make all this so confusing. It shouldn't be. My 2 cents and IMHO.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:47 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

If you know the weight and monitor it for changes, you can use the tire maker's inflation table values. If you don't have that indo, use the RV placard, which assumes maximum load on each axle. It's not safe to guess low, so don't try to guess.Get a scaled weight, or use the placard defaults.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure, bounder