Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2022, 02:58 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
motorhometires.com offers many brands at reasonable prices which include installation at your location. When I purchased my (6) tires, bead balancing and new tire valves were also included. This vendor has the tires shipped to a major truck tire installer near you, so you will receive the same quality installation as the big boys.
lightsluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2022, 03:47 PM   #16

I can confirm buying from motorhometires.com is easy you get a great deal, I go 6 tires TOYO M154 235/75/22.5 with fitting, disposal, balance and at my home within 3 days for only $3300

RV drives well, low road noise on these tires
magnum5755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 05:10 PM   #17

Tire Replacement

I faced the same issue about a year ago. My original tires Michelins had aged out. 100% of the commercial hire dealers told me to go with Michelins. They all cited safety, quality and better ride. They are however, expensive. What I did is looked for large commercial tire dealers up 500 miles from me got a variety of quotes and went with the cheapest. That being said it was still 5K. I made arrangements to come in the early and spent the night set up in their lot. They got on the tires first thing which happened to be 7 am and I was out by 10:30. They do have a road hazard warranty that covers the tire but doubt that would be needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfd774853 View Post
Good evening,

Looking for some assistance with purchasing tires. The RV originally equipped with Michelin 275/70R22.5. Tire dates are 2017, however, lots of sidewall cracks.

I've been researching tires (availability seems to be slim in our area). A local dealer can get Dynatrac - RA200 which he can have in a couple of days.

I do not want tires made in China but I do want good quality, safe tires. I've heard to many stories about the Michelin tire and their sidewall cracking issues, so I'm steering away from them (no pun intended) at the moment.

Information I gathered on the Dynatrac:

• RA200 regional all-position (15 sizes); and

Dynatrac is one of three truck tire brands offered by Hercules. The others are Hercules and Ironman. Dynatrac tires have a low tier 3 market position below the Hercules Strong Guard line and above the Ironman offering, Hercules said.

The tires are produced by Linglong Tire Thailand at its plant in Chonburi, Thailand, according to the tires' DOT plant ID code.

ATD predecessor Heafner Tire Co. trademarked the Dynatrac name in 1994.

It now is described as an associate brand of Hercules Tire, which ATD acquired in 2014. ATD is American Tire Distributors.

Any thoughts / comments are welcome.

Douglas54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 04:33 AM   #18

Good morning and thank you all for your comments and responses.
I ended up putting Firestone RV tires on (18 ply, the same as the Michelin). The first trip it handled very well; quiet, no vibration, well balanced. Our long trip comes up soon, so I'll let you all know how that goes. As info, I've always liked to have my tires clean and shined up, looking good (and covered when not in use). I've been told to make sure whatever I use on the tires, that its more of a water based tire shine and not a chemical based tire shine. Chemical based tire shine will help promote cracking. Good information to know, although, I've never experienced tire cracking on anything in the past.
Safe and blessed travels to you all!!!
hfd774853 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, tire