Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2017, 11:47 AM   #15

The OP stated in his first post that his trailer weighs 1300 lbs.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2017, 06:43 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
I now get it now. The math finally makes sense. Thanks a bunch to the guys who spelled it out in detail.

I have a tow dolly, and we pull a Camry with it, not concerned a bit pulling that rig (other than making sure the straps are on right - learned the hard way...always carry extra straps).

I was going to attempt a 1300lb trailer and a car that weighs in around 3800lbs with a full tank. Sure, that's just outside the 5000lbs (inside with an empty gas tank); but now i understand how that can get me over the 26Klbs for the GVWR.

I think I'll stick to the Camry and tow dolly for now.

ron
rmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:14 AM   #17

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmueller View Post
I now get it now. The math finally makes sense. Thanks a bunch to the guys who spelled it out in detail.

I have a tow dolly, and we pull a Camry with it, not concerned a bit pulling that rig (other than making sure the straps are on right - learned the hard way...always carry extra straps).

I was going to attempt a 1300lb trailer and a car that weighs in around 3800lbs with a full tank. Sure, that's just outside the 5000lbs (inside with an empty gas tank); but now i understand how that can get me over the 26Klbs for the GVWR.

I think I'll stick to the Camry and tow dolly for now.

ron
The towed weight doesn't add to the GVW of the coach, except for the weight of a trailer hitch itself.
However the the towed weight plus the actual weight of the coach should not exceed the GCVWR.
Naturally there are exceptions to every rule and I've violated them many times over the years. The manufactures have to take every situation and personality into account, so that takes a lot of variables into account and much can be done if one fully understands what they're dealing with.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, towing