Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2015, 04:45 AM   #1

TPMS does not register pressure

I recently bought a Doran 360 RV unit, I have this unit ready to go with the exceptuion of my right rear inside tire. This tire has a extension, when I put on the sensor I do NOT hear any air coming out so it does not register. However I can manuall read the tire pressure as well as fill the tire when needed. I have called Doran they had mention that I could back out the air valve a bit to see if this helps. NG, I am trying to find a 7 1/4 air stem ( the inner part of the extension to trhy that). Has anyone come accross this issue I haave a Fleetwood Southwind.

It doesnt appear to be the sensor and if I just push in on the needle no air comes out as well
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fleetwood valve stem.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	91663  
edstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2015, 05:00 AM   #2

You may just need a new valve core.

Bruce
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:02 AM   #3

That is what I am thinking. I am having an issue trying to find one. Went to a number of tire shops as well as parts stores
edstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:16 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Have you tried a store that specializes in truck tires?
Phil14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:33 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
X2 on Truck shop, I have 6" on my inside back tires, no problems. I would say it is your valve core.
scooterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:22 PM   #6

The problem is the sensor does not press down the valve enough to get a good reading. Did you use the little brass gauge they gave you to determine that the valve stuck out enough for the sensor to depress it? I had to file down the valve stems on my jeep to get it to read consistently.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:23 AM   #7

I ran into this problem also. The flexible stem will not work as it uses a mechanical extended tire valve cable. And if you do get it to work it will leak the air out of the tire slowly. The flexible extender is not made to hold constant air pressure.
You will need to change out the tire stem to a solid brass extender. After much research I found them here:Borg Equipment and Supply Your Tire Shop Supply | Supplies for Tire Shops talk to Bill. He set me up with 10" extenders and new rubber isolators. He is very knowledgeable on what s needed. The tires have to come off and be broken down to install the new stems. I also found that only a truck tire shop can do the 22.5" tires I have. I have the Ford chassis on the 2014 Bounder.
I hope this helps.
DaveMarcy is offline   Reply With Quote