Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #1

TV moved to living room!

Would like to build/install a free standing TV stand in the living room of my 2003 37A Pace Arrow. Anyone done this in their Coach?

Stano
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have not done it but am interested having thought about it also.

Are you looking to put the TV where the wine cabinet is located, next to the entry door?
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #3

Relocate TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
I have not done it but am interested having thought about it also.

Are you looking to put the TV where the wine cabinet is located, next to the entry door?
Yes,either that or mount the TV to the top of the (coffee table, I call it) that is next to the door. The stands that come with the new flat screen tv's I could fasten it to the top of the table. I don't think it would hurt the value of the Coach any?

Stano
Old 10-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #4

Jim posted a thread in the past called "Got rid of the headbanger" or simular. I coppied him and also put mine behind the sofa with a lift. Got rid of the opposing sofa and installed Lazy Boy recliners! Best layout ever! We're going fulltime by January and this was needed for future ease of living. Try the search button, this might work for you also.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My layout is J couch on the drivers side - opposite is the recliner chair (fixed to the floor), next the wine cabinet, then the entry door. The problem with mouning TV on the wine cabinet is the viewing from the recliner chair - too angled and too close.

I have considered maybe some kind of an articulating mount that would allow the TV to be swung out for better viewing from the recliner, and swung back out of the way for entry/exit and travel.

And of course the more common replacement of the front overhead TV with a new flat screen model. So far we are still ok with the standard TV and Satellite signal from a Dish Tailgater, so have not gotten serious about a change.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
My layout is J couch on the drivers side - opposite is the recliner chair (fixed to the floor), next the wine cabinet, then the entry door. The problem with mouning TV on the wine cabinet is the viewing from the recliner chair - too angled and too close.

I have considered maybe some kind of an articulating mount that would allow the TV to be swung out for better viewing from the recliner, and swung back out of the way for entry/exit and travel.

And of course the more common replacement of the front overhead TV with a new flat screen model. So far we are still ok with the standard TV and Satellite signal from a Dish Tailgater, so have not gotten serious about a change.
Yep, your right, the wine cabinet is a no go! I'm thinking maybe a corner cabinet behind my co-piolts seat.
By the way, We just bought this Coach and pick it up later this week. We are excited! Thanks for all your help.

Stano
Old 11-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #7

Change of plans!

Here's what the wife and I did over the weekend to our 2003 37A Pace Arrow.
1. Unfastened the wine/coffee table from the floor
2. Moved the leather recliner back as far as we could near the door.
3. Reinstalled the floor clamp on the recliner
4. Move the wine rack/coffee table up as far as we could behind the co- piolt's chair and still be able to swivel it around.
5. Decided to leave the TV where it is, since its already been upgraded to a 25 inch flat screen with a swivel mounting arm by the previous owner.

Talk about opening up more living space and it didn't cost us a dime!!

Stano
Old 11-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
You could always put a entertainment center in. I didn't build it. But I did put it together inside the MH. Got it at Best Buy. It replaced a Love Seat I never used.
OH! that is a 46" LED 3D on top.

Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #9

We did a similar relocate in our coach. We removed the love seat, installed a credenza and installed a 37 inch LcD HD TV. We also installed rope lights that go around the entire front cabin area. Makes a nice diffuse light for watching TV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New TV & Credenza.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	28785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Overhead Rope Lights.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	28786  

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Nice job on both TV's. How do you secure them when moving??
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mine hasn't moved a inch in the 10 years I have been traveling with it. It is not tied down.

Entertainment center is heavy to start with. It has a Sony stereo surround sound receiver, a Blue Ray DVD player, VCR player and a cassette player inside.

On top left rear a DirecTV HD DVR receiver. On top right rear a HP all in one printer. Center rear a Bose center speaker and both sides in front Bose cube speakers plus the 46" TV.

In the middle storage area it is full of VCR taps & DVD's
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
This is how it looked when we bought the MH. The previous owner had replaced the standard barrel chair. We gave the chair away and removed the fold-out table behind the passenger's seat.

This is how our living room looks now. We bought the TV stand from Camping World. As you can see, it really opened up the living room space. We are fulltimers and tend to stay for months at a time when relocating.

We store the TV in the bed room when traveling. The DW made a cover for the TV and we pin it over the window behind it when parked to block the light.

RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
Mine hasn't moved a inch in the 10 years I have been traveling with it. It is not tied down.

Entertainment center is heavy to start with. It has a Sony stereo surround sound receiver, a Blue Ray DVD player, VCR player and a cassette player inside.

On top left rear a DirecTV HD DVR receiver. On top right rear a HP all in one printer. Center rear a Bose center speaker and both sides in front Bose cube speakers plus the 46" TV.

In the middle storage area it is full of VCR taps & DVD's
Is the TV fastened to the entertainment center, surely it doesn't sit there on it's stand loose.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano View Post
Would like to build/install a free standing TV stand in the living room of my 2003 37A Pace Arrow. Anyone done this in their Coach?

Stano
Here is how we moved ours from the overhead to a new TV/Computer Cabinet and replaced the couch with two Lazyboys across from the TV. No more straining the neck. The TV uses a Nexus Model L-23 remote control Lift System to raise and lower into the cabinet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Cab.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	285.9 KB
ID:	28821   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Comp Cab 2.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	28822