RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2020, 02:09 PM   #1

TV removal

Hi everyone. I have a front tv that has gone bad. I can see a bracket behind. I have tried tilting it up and then lifting it but to now avail. The cabinet seems to be permanently mounted. Does anyone know how to remove it. I have searched this site for info to no avail and also the internet with no results. I have a 2007 fleetwood excursion. It is a Sanyo led flat screen which was in it when we bought the unit new. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Cliff
HD Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2020, 02:40 PM   #2

Most wall mounts have screws of some kind that keep the mount from separating. Mostly, they are hard to see and harder to reach.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:03 PM   #3

[Mod Edit]

On my National Dolphin, there was a wooden frame around the TV that was just a decorative fascia. The TV was actually mounted to a heavy metal platform, and it took me forever to figure out how to get the tv off of it even though all the screws were loose. Turns out there were metal tabs welded to the base that poked up into recesses in the bottom of the TV. I had to lift the TV up and over them to get it out, which was not easy as the TV was around 100 lbs.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:52 AM   #4

Thanks for the info. Iíll keep looking. The whole cabinet would have to come apart. Along with a ton of other things. Thanks again. Cliff
Old 10-29-2020, 08:07 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Look behind the TV from each side between the cabinet & TV, use a flashlight. There's 3 screws on each side, use a long screwdriver to remove. No need to remove the cabinet.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:15 AM   #6

Thanks for the info. I’ll try that. Thanks agaon
Old 10-31-2020, 10:54 PM   #7

The bottom panel that is at the bottom of the area that the TV is mounted should have screws that have a plastic cover. Remove the covers and the screws, that should give you access to the back of the TV. I hope that makes sense.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:50 AM   #8

Thanks Racer but this has a solid wood cabinet screwed to other cabinets. Other parts are also attached. It has no covers or plastic pieces. I appreciate the help though. Have a great day. Going to check at the sides of it that will be a pain to get to. Thanks again. Cliff
Old 11-02-2020, 10:43 PM   #9

My coach had the big back tv when I brought it.
The wooden trim have to be removed. There is an angle bracket
behind the tv thatís itís bolted to. Unscrew the tv from the bracket
and it comes out.
PABO05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 12:02 PM   #10

I have a class c and could not for the life of me figure out how to get the tv out. Finally pulled out the single bed and climbed up to the cabinets (I have an entertainment center, not a bed overhead.)The upper cabinet on the right side had screws so I took them out and removed the panel. TV was bolted in! Had to stick my arms and head into the cabinet to get to the bolts on the back of the tv. PITA. I now have a TV bracket that I can pull out. I do lock it down when moving.

Dixie Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal