Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreen45 View Post
Ray, we have an HR Endeavor on the lot that I know has a full bed lift. I stayed busy all day and didn't get a chance to check the gas struts. I'll do it tomorrow regardless.
Thanks, I went up to our m/h today and lifted up the mattress and bed top. There is nothing there to show that it ever had a lift support mechanism. I will have to do some extensive shoring up of the whole box in order to install them but it will not be difficult. The actual platform/box is very simply made. I will have to build something stronger or else anchor the struts to the floor. I'm going to see if I can find a m/h on a lot around here and check it out to see how they do it. Thanks for your help. If you find one on your lot, would it be possible to shoot a couple of pics and send them to me. I will send you a PM with my email address.

Ray
Socaltoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #16

Gulf Streamers Club
I am looking for the same thing. If anyone has pictures, please post them here. Thanks.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #17

Freightliner Owners Club
We put in a Costco air/foam mattress which is a lot heavier than the original. The gas struts wouldn't hold the bed up anymore. NAPA has all types of struts available.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #18

I went to Autozone to replace mine. They have numerous lengths and weights of the gas struts.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:36 AM   #19

I can do the pictures. It may not be until Monday though. Our shop isn't open Saturdays so I don't work. I did email my boss and asked him to take a shot of a coach we have on the lot and email it to me. If he does it, I'll promptly post it. If not, Monday.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #20

Quote:
I can do the pictures. It may not be until Monday though. Our shop isn't open Saturdays so I don't work. I did email my boss and asked him to take a shot of a coach we have on the lot and email it to me. If he does it, I'll promptly post it. If not, Monday.
Ray, you are a gem. Thanks so much for your help and for going to all the trouble. I have been trying to sort of plan a way to install the foundation for the mechanical hardware involved. I will have to do some extensive bracing on what is there now. And down the line, I am going to shop for a lighter weight mattress too.

Thanks again to all who have replied here.

Ray
Old 08-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #21

For those of you interested, here are 2 different configurations of gas cylinders on a full bed lift.

The first pics are of an HR Endeavor It's configured with the front mounts (head of the bed) attached to the frame. IOW, when you open, the cylinders point up and towards you. They're 19" from the wall and 3" down from where the mattress platform rests. They measure almost 27" extended and this lifts the end of the platform 65" off the floor. I didn't see a poundage but they are made by SpringLift, part number SL-26-145.

The next pics are of a Newmar Dutch Star. The rear of the cylinders is mounted to the bed frame so when you lift the platform, they point away from you and up. The rear mount is 12" from the back of the base and 1.75" down from the top. The cylinders measure 20" exended and they are also made by SpringLift, part number SL-34-80. This configuration gives the platform a 42" lift from floor to rear of platform.

I guess I can't post pictures too well. Just right click the icon and click "open in a new window".
Old 08-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #22

Quote:
For those of you interested, here are 2 different configurations of gas cylinders on a full bed lift.

The first pics are of an HR Endeavor It's configured with the front mounts (head of the bed) attached to the frame. IOW, when you open, the cylinders point up and towards you. They're 19" from the wall and 3" down from where the mattress platform rests. They measure almost 27" extended and this lifts the end of the platform 65" off the floor. I didn't see a poundage but they are made by SpringLift, part number SL-26-145.

The next pics are of a Newmar Dutch Star. The rear of the cylinders is mounted to the bed frame so when you lift the platform, they point away from you and up. The rear mount is 12" from the back of the base and 1.75" down from the top. The cylinders measure 20" exended and they are also made by SpringLift, part number SL-34-80. This configuration gives the platform a 42" lift from floor to rear of platform.

I guess I can't post pictures too well. Just right click the icon and click "open in a new window".
I'm not sure what icon that you are referring to but I got an email notification that had the five links for the pics you posted so I was able to see them from there. Thanks so very much. I now know exactly what I have to do to beef up the bed frame. Mine is made a bit flimsier. But it won't be hard to make it strong. I wonder if the mounting brackets come with the struts. I have never bought anything but replacements. I was going to call Fleetwood but I didn't realize that they were back east so it will have to be tomorrow.
Thanks again Ray,

Ray
Old 08-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #23

Ray, those little squares below my paragraphs are the icons that you right click on. At least that's how it appears on my PC. I'm using old school WinXP Pro with Google Chrome browser. Sugar and I really need to update our technology!

I believe you'll find the brackets are sold separately, maybe not though. Try dealing with SpringLift direct and you'll probably save some money.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #24

Quote:
Ray, those little squares below my paragraphs are the icons that you right click on. At least that's how it appears on my PC. I'm using old school WinXP Pro with Google Chrome browser. Sugar and I really need to update our technology!

No squares to click on. Sorry. Go check out the PM that I sent you.

R
Old 08-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socaltoolguy View Post
No squares to click on. Sorry. Go check out the PM that I sent you.

R
Do the links show on my forum post? IOW, can others find the pictures? I may need to get educated on how to post a picture.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #26

Gulf Streamers Club
Sorry, I cannot see any pictures either.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #27

No, nothing shows. Did you click on the paper clip icon when you attached the pictures? If not, that would explain why they don't show up.

Ray
Old 08-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Sorry, I cannot see any pictures either.

ronspradley
Ron, if you want to see the pics I can send the links to you via a PM.

Ray

Tags
gas