Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2018, 06:56 PM   #1

Undercarriage Lighting

Anyone have a protocol for diagnosing undercarriage lights not coming on? Sometimes they do, sometimes they do not. I have a Fleetwood Discovery
Sireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2018, 07:21 PM   #2

I have a 35’ Fleetwood Bounder and have a similar problem. Are you referring to the chassis lights or the compartment lights? I’ve only had mine about 5 months and the chassis lights keep blowing a fuse. I suspect it is a bad connection under the chassis somewhere and am waiting for the weather to improve to investigate it. I’ll bet it’s a poor connection from the factory that allows water to cause the short. Good luck finding yours because electrical shorts can be a nightmare to find.
medic574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sireman View Post
Anyone have a protocol for diagnosing undercarriage lights not coming on? Sometimes they do, sometimes they do not. I have a Fleetwood Discovery
I have factory lights and one 60" light shorted out. After that light was disconnected, the other 6 lights worked fine. When I contacted the dealer (still under warranty) they found out there was a recall. Sounded like one of those if you had a problem, they would fix, but if the warranty run out first, you would never hear about it.
Anyway, Fleetwood sent me a complete set of seven new lights, so I'm set for a while. When we get some good weather I'll get it put on.

Yours could be the lights, or power to the lights. Are you sure they are all on when they come on? If they are off, check for voltage at the source wire.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:16 PM   #4

Thanks for the information. Last night I turned them on and nothing happened. This morning I went out to get something and they were on. Very confusing. Is your coach a Discovery. What model year?
Old 01-18-2018, 04:44 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sireman, it would be helpful if you told us the year and model of your coach. If you are talking about the under the coach effects LEDs, that is a lot different than luggage compartment lights. Are your lights controlled by a switch or a firefly panel?
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:29 PM   #6

It is a 2017 Fleetwood Discovery. Not the luggage compartment, the undercarriage outside LED lights
Old 01-18-2018, 05:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddler1954 View Post
Sireman, it would be helpful if you told us the year and model of your coach. If you are talking about the under the coach effects LEDs, that is a lot different than luggage compartment lights. Are your lights controlled by a switch or a firefly panel?
Also there is only a light on the Firefly Panel. The switch to turn on is just inside the door down by the passenger's legs where you can turn on and off the, porch lights, luggage lights, kitchen lights, dining lights, entry lights. etc

Tags
light