RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2019, 03:11 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Using Fresh Water tank

Hello

I have a 2004 Fleetwood Bounder 35B Gas Class A. I seem to struggle with the position of the water fill valve and bypass valve on my coach.

My unit does to have any diagram on the water fill board just one saying Bypass. No position for the valve and not anything showing City Fill position. I figured it out but can someone clarify for me please.

On the City Fill position I get it that I use city water pressure and not the FWT and pump.

In Bypass position, appears to be handle pointing down, I can fill the FWT using the city water connection or of course the remote gravity fill behind the little door.

Question,, in order to use the FWT and using the pump,, does the water valve have to be in bypass position, city water position or does not make a difference either way when pulling water from the Fresh Water Tank using the pump.

Thank you everyone. Wish I could find the decals that show the proper position for City Fill or Normal vs the Bypass position.
Stonehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2019, 03:33 PM   #2

Using Fresh Water tank

Call or email Fleetwood RV with your FIN #. (Fleetwood Identification Number). They have drawings and parts for just about anything on your specific Bounder.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajfish View Post
Call or email Fleetwood RV with your FIN #. (Fleetwood Identification Number). They have drawings and parts for just about anything on your specific Bounder.

The last time I called FW about a problem with my slide, they told me when REV bought FW, they didn't give them all the "paperwork" for everything. So, they couldn't help me with anything. I figured the problem out on my own and fixed it myself, as well as the rest of the little issues I've had.

What I see here, and other places, FW has ALWAYS helped anyone that calls them. I have to wonder if I just got a hold of the wrong person.
Old 09-05-2019, 05:50 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer 516NG View Post
The last time I called FW about a problem with my slide, they told me when REV bought FW, they didn't give them all the "paperwork" for everything. So, they couldn't help me with anything. I figured the problem out on my own and fixed it myself, as well as the rest of the little issues I've had.

What I see here, and other places, FW has ALWAYS helped anyone that calls them. I have to wonder if I just got a hold of the wrong person.
I will call then to find out. I called them once on a replacement shower surround and woman looked up the part and said no longer in stock but was very nice and tried to help.

Thank you.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:07 PM   #5

Drawing from the FWT using the pump it should not matter what position the valve is in, if diverting to the tank fill or charging the system. There should be a one way valve to stop water coming back out. I would just cap it to keep contaminates out and check that you can run water in that position.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:31 PM   #6

Add a picture. Maybe someone has the same unit with writing on theirs.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:23 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Drawing out of FWT

I will send a pic of my water fill station so you can see what I have. I have not real need to fill water to the FWT from the city fill. I just use my hose for that and then I don't worry about an overfill under pressure. Heard some bad stories on that scenario.

I would have thought that with a full FWT and using the pump,,, the valve position such as City Connection or Bypass City Fill should not make any difference. When I had the valve in what I assume is the city connection with the pump on, I did not get water out of the taps. Once I moved the valve to the down position where it says bypass,, there was a rush and water was coming from taps. Keeping in mind that I was not connected to a city supply and only using the FWT. I will check again.

Thank you everyone.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:16 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
FWT use on 35B Bounder

Had a great weekend with our 2004 Bounder 35B. Everything worked great. On the topic of the FWT, I checked again when I filled the FWT at the State Park. Tank Full, pump on and valve in City Water position. No water or at least only a trickle. Moved the handle to the Bypass position and water flowed fine.

when I stick my head behind the panel, it only shows one central valve and not a cluster for different positions. Also it is not brass but plastic so guessing it is original. I will stick my phone in there and take a pic for everyone.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:01 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Using FWT on 2004 Bounder 35B

A couple of pics showing my water fill station. Our coach did not come with any descriptions or diagrams on this. I can use it but would like verification on the valve position for City Water and city tank fill or bypass. I wouldn't have thought that it would make any difference on this valve position to pump from the fresh water tank using the pump and only thought the bypass valve was to fill the FWT from the city hook up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eO1W1vm6SzOy9LU1ihiESw.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	297.0 KB
ID:	259719   Click image for larger version

Name:	2lPuDUFbQ4mXCSQkd8T%rQ.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	303.6 KB
ID:	259720  

Tags