Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2021, 04:04 PM   #1

VacuFlush Fuse Location?

I have a 2016 Southwind 36L and just dewintersized - the VacuFlush is not working (no lights when i flipped the switch to ON). There is no fuse block inside the cabinet where the switches are (this is the rear/full bath).

Anyone know where the fuse might be for this? I have a fuse block above the microwave but it does not have a fuse marked for the VacuFlush and one under the driver's left but that is all dash related stuff. The other 12v fuses are over the propane tank but nothing marked for the toilet.

Thanks for any help, hope this unit didn't die over the 3 months it was parked (and plugged in).
BThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2021, 06:01 PM   #2

If it is like the same year Bounder (and it most likely is) there is no fuse. There is a circuit breaker that can be in one of many places. FW themeselves do not even know where they put it.
Search the forum for similar models to see where others found it.
Mine (and others in this model year) automatically resets.
Most likely it is not the CB. Did you check the voltage for the house (Aux) batteries? What is it?
Old 03-15-2021, 07:33 PM   #3

Thanks ComputerGuy, that will save me from searching (fruitlessly) for a spade fuse that doesn't exist. Will see if i can trace the wiring but it goes straight down through the cabinetry through the floor. If it's a self-resetting breaker, perhaps it is near the pump/tank unit.

Not excited about crawling into the basement bay, taking the access door hiding the pump and tank and trying to get in/look around under the floor. But someday, i will need to replace the bellows, duckbills, etc...

Not sure what the builders of these RVs are thinking sometimes, other than making every wire and plumbing run as short as possible no matter the access needs later!
Old 03-15-2021, 07:53 PM   #4

Found the old Bounder VacuFlush thread for this same issue, will check the propane bay/power control center in the morning. Hopefully there is a breaker there to reset!
Old 03-15-2021, 09:48 PM   #5
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hide and seek with Fleetwood is such fun.

My 2016 Bounder has it up on the left wall of the Battery Control Compartment. Reports of some up and mostly hidden behind the inverter.

There is a sensor on the black tank top that shuts off the Sucker Flusher when full. Couple of reports that the switch will hang up.

Hope yours has good access to the pump.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:40 AM   #6

That was it! It's in the power center hatch (same as propane) on the "floor" or bottom of the shelf, front right. Toilet is now cycling and i didn;t have to get small and crawl in the storage bay! Thanks to all, i hope this helps others.

Tags
cat, fuse